Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Aircraft oriented to gimbal

Reaction score
I know how to center the gimbal to the aircraft but does anyone know how to orient the aircraft to the gimbal?

And if you know how to do that, can you tell me how to set it up?

Brent

I usually fly with a camera operator and if he has the camera rotated left, right or backwards his pan left or pan right isn’t always my left or right.
Instead of looking at the aircraft/camera icon on the bottom left and rotating the aircraft with the sticks, is there a setting I can program to use C1 or C2 buttons to do this?
Hopefully that makes more sense

Brent, if there is, I have not discovered it yet. I also fly with a camera operator, but we only have reset the gimbal to orient to the aircraft. Your idea makes great sense and would be very helpful in certain filming situations.

Sorry I couldn’t be more helpful.

Phillip

I usually fly with a camera operator and if he has the camera rotated left, right or backwards his pan left or pan right isn’t always my left or right.
Instead of looking at the aircraft/camera icon on the bottom left and rotating the aircraft with the sticks, is there a setting I can program to use C1 or C2 buttons to do this?
Hopefully that makes more sense
I do not think it is possible. But quite frankly I am not sure in what scenario I would have a need for it. With the automatic spin enabled when the gimbal reaches the end point of rotation pilot and camera operator have complete freedom and independence from each other to do their things. I personally think that it would be actually very confusing for pilot if the craft would changed its orientation to line up with the camera. I fly 99% solo so perhaps I see it differently..

Last edited:
I know how to center the gimbal to the aircraft but does anyone know how to orient the aircraft to the gimbal?

And if you know how to do that, can you tell me how to set it up?

Brent
On the Inspire 1there is an option to set either C1 or C2 to “reset camera” which returns the gimbal heading to match the aircraft heading. I would be shocked if this was excluded from the Inspire 2.

Another way to do this is to change the gimbal mode to “reset” on the main HUD. Click the gimbal mode icon and then click gimbal yaw reset to return the gimbal back to the forward position.
CC3DE895-E184-4377-88BB-A1A10388C43E.jpeg
I know for sure this feature is on the I2 because it is mentioned in the manual.

Thx for the replies
Trying figure out how to make aircraft move to match the gimbal view
Not the gimbal to match the aircraft

On the Inspire 1there is an option to set either C1 or C2 to “reset camera” which returns the gimbal heading to match the aircraft heading. I would be shocked if this was excluded from the Inspire 2.

Another way to do this is to change the gimbal mode to “reset” on the main HUD. Click the gimbal mode icon and then click gimbal yaw reset to return the gimbal back to the forward position.
View attachment 29131
I know for sure this feature is on the I2 because it is mentioned in the manual.
We all know that. The OP wants it the other way round. He wants the craft to align itself with the camera heading. As far as I know that is not possible with I2.

We all know that. The OP wants it the other way round. He wants the craft to align itself with the camera heading. As far as I know that is not possible with I2.
Oooooooooh ? he wants to align the aircraft to the camera’s heading now I get it. Like quick spin to camera heading.

Not exactly what the op is asking but you might be able to set a joystick orientation to the camera heading in AutoPilot. The aircraft wouldn’t spin to match the heading of the gimbal but the aircraft controls would be relative to what is coming in from the live view which I think was the point. Haven’t tried it on the Inspire but I think it there should be a way to do that.

Seems like if you have both displays showing, you could just rotate the aircraft until both views line up and look similar. Ifwhat you're showing on the FPV screen lines up with what you're showing on the main camera screen, then you're good to go.

Set the camera to follow mode and then adjust the "pan" axis by simply rotating the inspire. This is what we do for shots with forward or backward movement.

Set the camera to follow mode and then adjust the "pan" axis by simply rotating the inspire. This is what we do for shots with forward or backward movement.
That is what everybody does when flying as single operator. But if I understand this correctly the OP wants to know if when the camera is facing in certain direction pointed that way by camera operator, if he can re-allign the craft with camera by pressing a button on his controller. The camera should stay pointed in its direction and the craft would re-align its heading with the camera direction. That, to best of my knowledge is not possible.

Last edited:
This is what everyone does even if they are 2 operators because there is no other way [emoji6] DJI doesn't support such a feature as it was already said.
'We are' mean that I'm not alone and we are a team. We communicate trough the flight and in such situation we do as I explained above. The pilot is rotating the drone with the camera already centered and following the drone orientation and the camera operator, the DOP or the director are saying what they want to see and when they are happy we switch back to free camera (if needed) and execute the shot.

Thanks for all the replies. I was hoping I could program it with the tap of a button but I guess it can’t be done.
Thanks again for taking the time to respond
Brent

Reactions: niki

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JudyLions