Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Airfield: Drone flying restrictions

Reaction score
I plan on purchasing an Inspire 1 shortly. I live beside a licensed grass airfield, rarely used. How do I check the drone flying restrictions on it and will the inspire be programmed not to operate in this area.

I plan on purchasing an Inspire 1 shortly. I live beside a licensed grass airfield, rarely used. How do I check the drone flying restrictions on it and will the inspire be programmed not to operate in this area.
Maybe this is of help (if in the US, but similar maps are probably be available for most countries, I just googled for a few sec)

https://www.mapbox.com/drone/no-fly/

If you have the exact coordinates, I could check in the DJI GO software for you.
Or anyone who beats me to it :)

The grass airfields in my area are not a NFZ according to DJI GO.
I live in Ireland: The Airfield coordinates are
Latitude : 54.233299
Longitude : -10

Just had a quick look in Google maps and zoomed in on the airfield in the DJO GO software. No restrictions for now. At least on the map there's no NFZ indication at all.

Must be a beautiful area to fly, as far as I could see on Google maps. But it's raining now isn't it?

Somehow my post was gone so I posted double. I seem to have deleted the post you quoted.

Must be a beautiful area to fly, as far as I could see on Google maps. But it's raining now isn't it?
Just clearing now after a heavy rainfall. I am very much looking forward to receiving my new toy! and capturing all the wonderful scenery from above.

Just clearing now after a heavy rainfall. I am very much looking forward to receiving my new toy! and capturing all the wonderful scenery from above.

I had my first flight today with my new Inspire 1, happy with the craft. I downloaded the video direct from the Inspire camera to my Mac Pro, found this cumbersome. Is there a better way of transferring the data?
Any help would be appreciated.
Eamon

I had my first flight today with my new Inspire 1, happy with the craft. I downloaded the video direct from the Inspire camera to my Mac Pro, found this cumbersome. Is there a better way of transferring the data?
Any help would be appreciated.
Eamon

Taking the memory card out of the camera and using a usb 3.0 card reader into a usb 3.0 slot is the fastest method available.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool