Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

All it takes is one fool....

I cannot run the video due to my crap-speed DSL, but if that opening screen is the flight of one drone interfering at an airport, I'd call it out as phony or fake news. What drone can fly that long and far? Looks like someone drew it out for their own anti-drone purpose.

Reactions: Donnie Frank
I cannot run the video due to my crap-speed DSL, but if that opening screen is the flight of one drone interfering at an airport, I'd call it out as phony or fake news. What drone can fly that long and far? Looks like someone drew it out for their own anti-drone purpose.
Perhaps, not sure what information you based the "What drone can fly that long and far? " on ...

Those are actually the flight paths of the airplanes that were put in different holding patterns, it doesn't repersent the flight path of the drone. The video shows that as time passes, the airways get more and more crowded by plans that are added to the holding patterns.

Quite interesting how much chaos can be caused by a single drone.

Those are actually the flight paths of the airplanes that were put in different holding patterns, it doesn't repersent the flight path of the drone. The video shows that as time passes, the airways get more and more crowded by plans that are added to the holding patterns.

Quite interesting how much chaos can be caused by a single drone.

Good to know if those are plane paths in holding and not a drone as I thought. Having AT&T DSL as an internet supplier is like 56K dial-up AOL or Compuserve at times. Watching a video feed here is laughable with them. They've been out four times in the past 3 months due to red flashing modem Broadband and Service lights. Underground wiring is shot, and if neighbor waters their yard the signal goes to ground for an hour or more.

Reactions: Jason Boucher
Geese are an acceptable risk and commercial planes have gone through extensive bird strike testing.

Birds don't cause anywhere near the damage a drone does. There is now testing and data that shows the risk of a drone strike.

FAA procedures are based on facts and data. As they should be.

Geese are an acceptable risk and commercial planes have gone through extensive bird strike testing.
Birds don't cause anywhere near the damage a drone does. There is now testing and data that shows the risk of a drone strike.
FAA procedures are based on facts and data. As they should be.

"Birds don't cause anywhere near the damage a drone does"

Some lack brain cells... The facts are… more birds have taken down aircraft and damaged windows and rotors than anything else! Sir, you are misinformed! I said that nicely Ed :p Just in 2014 another HH-60 helo was taken out by birds going through a window, fact!, …soooo, I guess that was acceptable for the FAA. I can’t tell you the amount of rotors we have here at the base from seagulls or pelicans. You don’t see these numbers because you sir (are on the outside) and those numbers are not in the little notebook of the FAA, or in the UK. I see all of this “chicken clucken” over UAVs, granted, there are some morons flying over or near Airports, it’s a no no, not brain science! The “facts and data are” they don’t have that much on uav’s! Saying “I think I saw”…. What was that…. I saw something out my window…. just don’t cut it. The press and the news love this stuff and the people feed on it, Oh my God a drone was spotted!!! The sky is falling!!! Run for your lives!!!

I truly believe the numbers of “roge pilots” are well, acceptable like the FAA, compared to the numbers of birds in the air in and around airports. I would feel much safer taking off when a drone is in the air vs birds. If you want to fire up Maya or AutoDesk and find out the formula for computing kinetic energy please do, try not to compute the UAV going over 100mph tho, and, try not to place yourself in a open state in front of others where you know very little except what the FAA is spooning to you :rolleyes:

The original post was about issues with drones in commercial airspace, education is key, be a good pilot, have fun and don’t fly in these areas, period! And for Gods sake look where you’re going!

Reactions: MGS
"Birds don't cause anywhere near the damage a drone does"

Some lack brain cells... The facts are… more birds have taken down aircraft and damaged windows and rotors than anything else! Sir, you are misinformed! I said that nicely Ed :p Just in 2014 another HH-60 helo was taken out by birds going through a window, fact!, …soooo, I guess that was acceptable for the FAA. I can’t tell you the amount of rotors we have here at the base from seagulls or pelicans. You don’t see these numbers because you sir (are on the outside) and those numbers are not in the little notebook of the FAA, or in the UK. I see all of this “chicken clucken” over UAVs, granted, there are some morons flying over or near Airports, it’s a .....

Really? I always appreciate personal attacks especially when the responder is incorrect.
Study finds drones more damaging than bird strikes to planes

You could've posted your response as your opinion rather than that I was incorrect and YOU are the expert because clearly, per the article, by experts, YOU are incorrect. I used facts.

Ahhh, I never said that the weight of a battery or dense tissue would cause greater or less damage, birds vs a uav. I am pretty good at Autodesk and Lightwave tho :) I was taking facts from known instances, down planes, down helo's, etc. The facts are....birds DO cause more damage, BECAUSE IT'S A KNOWN FACT, we have lots of rotors and down planes to prove it. Studies are just that studies. I can fire up Autodesk all day long and show that a battery will do damage, not that difficult. You sir have only articles to go by, we have a locker full of rotors that can't speak'a'peep! Let's do this... let's show the facts on how many birds have down an aircraft in the last 5 years vs a uav.
(I'm by no means taking sides of a roge pilot.) But the sky isn't falling because of less than .00000000001% of the population to get there feathers in a wad!

Guys.. the issue here should not be about whether birds or drones can cause more damage nor which has a higher probability or higher occurrence of downing a manned aircraft because of greater numbers or greater risk. We need bird control at airports because birds are not smart enough to steer clear of airports and airplanes. Drone pilots should be smart enough to observe flight safety regulations. We have to accept bird as a risk to aviation safety simply because we choose to operate in their domain just like we have to accept the risk of a shark attack when we swim in the ocean, but we do not have to accept irresponsible drone flying. There is a reason why we refer to someone stupid as having a “bird brain”. Don’t be THAT guy!

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell