Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Antenna connector

Reaction score
Hello. I ordered a new landing gear "foot" for my Inspire 2 along with some new antennas. When I went to replace it this morning I managed to break the connector that connects to the antenna. I've been reading for a couple hours now looking for this part but am unable to locate it. Various calls to parts and repair shops haven't helped either.

Does anybody know what this connector is, and/or where I can buy one? I read one older thread where someone had the same question but once he fixed it he didn't say where the part had come from.

Thanks in advance for any advice, this situation leaves my company without a drone right now!

Attachments

• connector3.jpg
    connector3.jpg
    70.5 KB · Views: 10
Good luck, it's a SMA connector. I would call Dronenerds in FL, see what they say.

Here's what I have found. I believe this is the connector in question
MMCX Male Crimp Connector - LMR100, RG-174, RG-188 & RG-316

Now my question is what is the cable? I can't see any writing on it and I don't know the first thing about it. I looked up the four types listed in the description but it didn't really shed any light for me.

This seems so simple but it is giving me a headache.

Attachments

• connector.PNG
    connector.PNG
    257.8 KB · Views: 1
Did you fix it?
My landing foot broke yesterday. Started to take it off to replace, and see the connecter to antenna is really loose. Afraid to take off. Any suggestions?

It is fixed. When we took off the landing foot to replace it, the antenna was just hanging on the wire by a thread. (We had also ordered four new antennas.) When I tried to disconnect the antenna, it snapped off. We ordered those connectors and replaced the connector at the antenna end, but the remaining wire was not long enough to reach the antenna.

At that point, we ordered a whole new leg. We had to disassemble the drone almost completely to get the new leg installed, quite a chore. Took about 4 hours. While we were at it, we looked at two of the other antennas. Both were also broken so we replaced them as well. We left the fourth alone but I imagine it's broken too.

We had been experiencing serious connection issues, sometimes the drone would lose connection within 100'. I've only flown one day since then but it seems the connection issues are resolved.

These are the connectors needed for this fix

We successfully used these and the drone is back in operation
How did you replace them?
It is fixed. When we took off the landing foot to replace it, the antenna was just hanging on the wire by a thread. (We had also ordered four new antennas.) When I tried to disconnect the antenna, it snapped off. We ordered those connectors and replaced the connector at the antenna end, but the remaining wire was not long enough to reach the antenna.

At that point, we ordered a whole new leg. We had to disassemble the drone almost completely to get the new leg installed, quite a chore. Took about 4 hours. While we were at it, we looked at two of the other antennas. Both were also broken so we replaced them as well. We left the fourth alone but I imagine it's broken too.

We had been experiencing serious connection issues, sometimes the drone would lose connection within 100'. I've only flown one day since then but it seems the connection issues are resolved.

Thank you. I'm probably in the same boat. The one leg broke partially. Took the cover off to see about fixing it. The antenna os very loose. I think it has to be broken. So I ordered two arms and new antenna and 4 new legs. And will try to repair. There is a semi-local drone repair place not too far from here. May take it to them to install, since there could be other issues. But all new parts should do it. We have noticed connection issues for a a few months now.. this could solve that as well.

My boss did it without me so I didn't get to see it. There are a couple of videos on youtube of people replacing those connectors for the same reason and with his previous RC experience he was able to figure it out. It looks involved. If I had to do it without him I would have taken it to a professional.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
airlineoffice