Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anti collision lights for Inspire

Also one could use this: Weight 11gr ... size 45 x 20 x 14mm. All u need is some basic skills, one could add a safety fuse from main power. I'm in no way connected to these guys and I'm sure if you search or call your local electronics supplier u may find local.

Feel free to PM me if you have any technical questions :)

3~40V to DC 1.5~35V Step Down Converter Module LM2593
You can reduce 1-8S LiPO pack(3-40V) voltage to any voltage between 1.5-35V for your equipment,
For example If you need 12V for your FPV system on the 4S flying platform. Just check the current and voltage requirement of your system and set the voltage by an adjustable resistor (using a DVM ... voltmeter).

3~40V to DC 1.5~35V Step Down Converter Module LM2593 - Flytron

I have not see a great answer yet.

Remember they must have 3 mile visibility.

Hi Dave, Jim from North American Survival Systems. 26,000 hrs Alaska time, ASMELS Comm Inst with A+P Cert.

1M7Z0264.jpg The DS-30 is omnidirectional on the full hemisphere. This means all can see it all the time if mounted like the inspire attached.

IMG_0372.JPG The EF-20A-1 ( is the same strobe as the DS-30 but has its own battery, 2 CR123. If your drone can lift 5.5 oz then this might be for you. Lots of COAs and Waiver applications are approved with this strobe.

The FAA recognizes these strobes because they have the Gov testing to back up our claims of 5 miles. The DS-30 strobe/DS-30 strobe is USCG Certified at 5 NM. See page 20 Product # 19 in the attached report.

We keep an eye on the competition and have not seen a single full hemisphere strobe on the market. Good sense mandates it and the FAA will figure that out as well.

Best Wishes

Attachments

• ADA558775.pdf
    1.9 MB · Views: 8
Guys I have to chime in. Now that most of us are Part 107 pilots, you have to think regulation! Is there a regulation that spells out anti collision lights? Yes, there is! Until the FAA spells out different guidelines for sUAS's the existing regulations are what matters. Welcome to FAR §23.1397.

Now, does anyone know of a anti-collision light that meets FAR §23.1397, I'm looking for one myself

There are no pilots aboard UAV's so the Reg doesn't apply. There is no strobe Reg for drones "YET" first requirement will be full hemisphere for sure. Also, 400 Candela would blind you at close range. The DS-30 approaches 300 Candela and is annoying up close.

There are no pilots aboard UAV's so the Reg doesn't apply. There is no strobe Reg for drones "YET" first requirement will be full hemisphere for sure. Also, 400 Candela would blind you at close range. The DS-30 approaches 300 Candela and is annoying up close.
Agree with Jim. Only FARs applicable to UAVs are part 107. The feds explained their requirement as: "...small unmanned aircraft has lighted anti-collision lighting visible for at least 3 statute miles." UAVs, at the present, are not required to meet any aviation specs other than 107. At least that's the explanation I've received from the boys in Washington.

I use Strobon Crees on all my drones
87b60de1eced14300acf6be61847b6b8.jpg

770c0c7a72eeae83ad11e586511738f8.jpg

5021d5a23e50ad711b0fab89200cdbd9.jpg

Nice looking mount and they do make good Nav Lights. I wish my cameras would take a picture of our DS-30 Strobes that close.

Attachments

• IMG_1193.JPG
    IMG_1193.JPG
    1.2 MB · Views: 26
Reactions: Aerial-Pixel
Hey all. I know this an older post but I’ve been looking for some kind of standard mounting angle and position of these Strobon lights. Did any of you find different solutions or do something different?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont