Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any Inspire 1 pilots in London

Reaction score
Hi!

Was wondering if I have any fellow Inspire 1 pilots in London? Or any other drone pilot for that matter. Would be cool to share information on good spots to fly?

Cheers!
Markus

Hi,

Yes I'm in north London. Been having a word with the guys at Hampstead Heath. Apparently you are all good to fly in the parliament fields whilst operating to normal sUAV laws. So I guess best time to go is early in the morning when there are only a few joggers around.

Cheers

Colin

Hi,

Yes I'm in north London. Been having a word with the guys at Hampstead Heath. Apparently you are all good to fly in the parliament fields whilst operating to normal sUAV laws. So I guess best time to go is early in the morning when there are only a few joggers around.

Cheers

Colin

I am in West London, usually fly in Richmond Park, but looking for alternatives! Thanks for the info!

Reactions: ash223
I am in West London, usually fly in Richmond Park, but looking for alternatives! Thanks for the info!
Is there a specific place in Richmond park? or wherever as its obviously fairly close to Heathrow approach.

Is there a specific place in Richmond park? or wherever as its obviously fairly close to Heathrow approach.

There is a dedicated area for R/C planes, but I typically try to find an open space as far away from people as possible and fly there.

Iam in the Surrey Hills near Dorking, not to far away, in fact from 400ft above Ranmore Common I can see most of London....

Hi, I am in West London also. I fly an Inspire (training for Pfaw) and racing quads as well. I fly in Gunnersbury Park, Boston Manor Park, Richmond Park and will be heading out to Black Park and the surrounding area for some good filming locations. Would love to connect with other London pilots.

Reactions: ash223
Hi, I am in West London also. I fly an Inspire (training for Pfaw) and racing quads as well. I fly in Gunnersbury Park, Boston Manor Park, Richmond Park and will be heading out to Black Park and the surrounding area for some good filming locations. Would love to connect with other London pilots.
Careful where you fly in London.
Once you have completed your Groundschool you will have a much better idea of airspace segregation and the NAS in general and knowing where you can and cannot fly without permissions.
As well as EGR157/8 within London which prohibits non standard flight (which SUAS are) without permission all of the London Royal parks are prohibited areas for any kind of RPAS.
This is due to Terrorism threats and the Met Police have powers of seizure of your aircraft under terrorism laws.
This means Richmond Park and Greenwich Park are strictly out of bounds on your list.
Just a heads up as you can actually lose your Inspire to the boys in blue if you fly in any of those areas.

When flying in London you need to check your local borough council as many have by-laws that restrict flying.

Editor - there is a specific area in Richmond Park for flying (see second heading) - Richmond Park Diary - February 2015

Last edited:
I think with anywhere anybody intends to fly it is always best to contact the land owner or local authority to make doubly sure it is okay to fly. Richmond Park have a couple of places you can go to for additional info. :)

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44