Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Any Inspire Pilots in Italy?

Reaction score
Hi there,
I'm looking for any Inspire 1 pilots who are based in Italy - we're planning to make a short film in Tuscany later this year, and would really appreciate any local knowledge and help especially with regards to ENAC and the Italian RPAV regulations. If you are based anywhere in Italy, and you are a confident Inspire 1 pilot with knowledge of the ENAC application process, please get in contact with me. Best Regards, Oliver

Ciao,
Sto cercando eventuali Inspire 1 piloti che hanno sede in Italia - stiamo pensando di fare un cortometraggio in Toscana alla fine di quest'anno, e sarebbe davvero apprezzare qualsiasi conoscenza locale e aiutare soprattutto per quanto riguarda l'ENAC e la regolamentazione RPAV italiani. Se risiedi ovunque in Italia, e tu sei un fiducioso Inspire 1 pilota con la conoscenza del processo di applicazione ENAC, si prega di mettersi in contatto con me. Con i migliori saluti, Oliver

Reactions: Vittolesio
Hello Oliver ,

I am an Italian pilot of Inspire 1. I live in Milan . How exactly can I help you ? I would be happy to do something for you . Especially when it comes to pilot my inspire 1.Actualy, I'm completing the practice with the Civil Aviation Authority (Enac) to become a certified operator. I can tell you that ENAC,s regulations are changes in these days, and should be positive changes for us pilot ...

Ciao
Vittorio

Hi Vittorio,

Many thanks for getting in touch. Do you study and apply for permission directly from ENAC, or do you learn through a private company who then deal with ENAC for you? I'm also studying for a commercial qualification, here in the UK we do it via a private company so we have little direct involvement with the CAA.

The reason I ask, is that to gain certification from ENAC in Italy, do you have contact details of the person or department to who I should apply? I'm hoping that my UK qualification will be enough, but I will still need permission fRon ENAC. I've read ENAC's regulations concerning the use of RPAV (published in English) but there doesn't seem to be any information on who to actually apply to, or make enquires to. If you could help point me in the right direction here, that would be very much appreciated.

The regulations also suggest that an experimental flight must be undertaken prior to the actual planned flight, in order to get ENAC permission to fly. Is this right, could you tell me any more about this?

And where do you normally go flying, have you been up to the Alps yet?

Ciao,
Ollie

Hello. Thank you Vittorio for offering to help people. I'm also planning a photo shoot in Italy soon and am researching the ability to bring with me an Inspire and a Hex. The Document I found and I think Ollie is referring to was published in 2013. It sounds as though things are changing almost as we write, so it is surely not current.

Any help contacting the right officials would be greatly appreciated. Please also PM me for additional questions regarding your services.

Thank you,
Steve

Hi Vittorio,

Many thanks for getting in touch. Do you study and apply for permission directly from ENAC, or do you learn through a private company who then deal with ENAC for you? I'm also studying for a commercial qualification, here in the UK we do it via a private company so we have little direct involvement with the CAA.

The reason I ask, is that to gain certification from ENAC in Italy, do you have contact details of the person or department to who I should apply? I'm hoping that my UK qualification will be enough, but I will still need permission fRon ENAC. I've read ENAC's regulations concerning the use of RPAV (published in English) but there doesn't seem to be any information on who to actually apply to, or make enquires to. If you could help point me in the right direction here, that would be very much appreciated.

The regulations also suggest that an experimental flight must be undertaken prior to the actual planned flight, in order to get ENAC permission to fly. Is this right, could you tell me any more about this?

Ciao,
Ollie
Hi Vittorio,

Ciao,
Ollie[/QUOT
----------------------------------------------------------------------
I learn through a private company who then deal with ENAC for me. Im not direclty contact of the person in department in enac.
When the new regulation will be drafted ENAC , i will send you.
What I know is that you must have a terminator flight mounted on your drone . and that the distance from the airports that must be taken is 3 KM .

I just returned from Narro a location in the mountains above Lake Lecco . I managed to make some good shots as an exercise for my formation.

see you soon

Vittorio

I learn through a private company who then deal with ENAC for me. Im not direclty contact of the person in department in enac.
What I know is that you must have a terminator flight mounted on your drone . and that the distance from the airports that must be taken is 3 KM .

I just returned from Narro a location in the mountains above Lake Lecco . I managed to make some good shots as an exercise for my formation.

see you soon

Vittorio

Vittorio

Hello Vittorio,
I will be in the country between Genoa and Milan next week and would like to know if you are near there and interested in flying. I am not sure I will be able to bring my Inspire along, as I do not have all the documents required by the governing agency.

Thank you,
Steve

Hello Steven,
exactly what kind of footage you want to do? and where exactly? I am also in the same situation: Not yet a pilot recognized by ENAC. My bureaucratic practice has slowed ... So if you operate for example in the rural area can consider yourself to be anyway. certain is that the fines are very heavy ... The new regulation ENAC that I know it is not yet in force...

Vittolesio, I'll be mostly in the vicinity of Isola del Cantone and would love to fly around the countryside while there. I'll bring the Inspire and hope there aren't any hangups coming in. It would be a shame to be there and not take advantage of the opportunity. Perhaps I can contact you when I arrive this Sunday am?

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LewisuhaAbips