Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

any other Sonoma county inspire pilots out there?

Reaction score
I am posting this for two reasons,
1)My flying partner(fizzviic) is having very serious health issues and says she will likely not be able to fly again..please send her your prayers. She needs all the help and support she can get.
2)since I ordered an inspire with 2 controllers I am looking for others in the area interested in doing high quality photo and video shoots together as well as sharing info etc. P.m. me if interested.
Happy and safe flying.
Steve.

I'm in San Mateo area, but would be glad to team up! I also have (hope to have soon) a two controller inspire.

I'm in San Mateo area, but would be glad to team up! I also have (hope to have soon) a two controller inspire.
Sounds good.it is hard for me to get much time so my flying needs to be day or half day adventures.
If i had mine now I would be shooting the flooded Laguna in santa Rosa or maybe the river.
Lets see how it goes in January.

That is one reason. Yes.
I do not have a plan yet but I am trying to research ways to make money besides just photographs.
Unfortunately it seems the inspire will not do groundstation at this point so mapping etc. May not be an option yet.
I am open to ideas.

We could team up to do weddings. :) Anything with the word "wedding" in it and couples know it's going to be expensive. In my opinion shooting video and post processing is easy money. Especially if you set the price right, possibly undercut other vendors, and have TWO aerial angles. With limited time to shoot certain scenes (bride entering the isle), two inspire 1's could be advertised as a better value for your money.

The bay area is PRIME for wedding income. :)

Seems like a good idea other than the flying around people part.
I know a local who does that with a partner who keeps people away from the unit and warns them to keep an eye out etc.

I'm in Napa. I haven't ordered my inspire yet, but plan to in a couple of weeks.
I have a BFA degree in photography from the SF Art Institute and extensive aviation experience. A month ago I purchased a Hubsan 4x and have been practicing - I'm hooked! I see this as my next passion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'm in Napa. I haven't ordered my inspire yet, but plan to in a couple of weeks.
I have a BFA degree in photography from the SF Art Institute and extensive aviation experience. A month ago I purchased a Hubsan 4x and have been practicing - I'm hooked! I see this as my next passion!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yeah, addictive, i agree.
I have only been flying phantoms for the last few months. I used to do r.c. boats and hydros i built as well as cars.
I was getting bored of dragging my tripod around and seeing the same perspectives so when i did my first video on my p 2 i was hooked.
i ordered mine from Amazon last week after having my first early order cancelled by all e r.c. and waiting already for weeks.
I will post when i have mine..just like i am sure everybody else. Lol.
looking to do top notch stills and hopefully some mapping to make money in the near future. Csnt wait to try 3d mapping..but that is pricey so unless i can get set up to do it for money thst may not happen.

I live in Napa, CA. Is that close enough? I'm waiting on a 2 transmitter unit from B&H. No news from them yet by the way. Feel pretty coaled up right now.

Napa is an hour and a half away,so that could work.
My first shoot i am planning is the Santa Rosa Laguna and that is 45 min, from you.
Lets keep in touch.

Oh your up there.....I go to Healdsburg every six weeks or so, but ever since I stopped going to the Russian River Jazz and Blues festival I don't get over by Sebastopol to often. Having a couple birds rolling thru the vineyards should be pretty cool. I'm sure we can make a play date.

Did you notice
Earlier in the thread there is another member in Napa?
He has not ordered one yet though.
Mine should ship shortly after the 1st. But we will see.
After getting to fly a beta version with fiizviic yesterday I am totally stoked!
Her friend Barry brought one along with an s_1000. What a beast.
The inspire is a huge improvement over the p_2.

I've been told if you order direct from DJI you'll get your Inspire much sooner. Has anyone else heard the same? Thanks!

Probably not. DJI is having FedEx hold my delivery for 2 additional days in order to give retailers time to ship so that everybody gets theirs at about the same time - next Wednesday.

Where are all the Sonoma County Pilots flying? Mine delivers Monday! Would like to meet and fly with other pilots. Looking for good places to fly and learn about Aerial Photography as well as Video!

Checking in from Petaluma. My inspire has landed. I think I am going to try and hold out for prop locks before I fly. I have 2 reg. batteries and a big battery on order....

There's an ama field out stony point area, but I think its at full membership. How do send a pm here?

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters