Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anybody fly in southern Spain?

Hi Misha,
I have flown (none commercial) a few times whilst visiting Spain without problems,
I kept to none crowded beaches and remote areas, and generally followed UK regs, always LOS, max 120m height, 50m from property and persons.
And obviously kept away from airports and any military areas, and got some really good photo's and footage.
This is my experience, others may differ??
Good luck, fly safe.

Reactions: Misha
From what I have been reading you CAN fly a drone as a consumer in Spain. You can even legally buy them in Spain (Phantoms, etc) so...........do the math.

Good people:

Looking for tips/advice on flying in more remote parts of Spain. Can anybody help?
I live and fly near Malaga - I have over 300 flights with my Inspire 1 here and also about 300 flights with a Phantom. I have had no problems what so ever. Do not fly over crowded beaches over towns and over gathering of people. Non commercials are good to go. Be responsible and you will be nice

I commented on my experience. I didn't think Spain was that kind of place. Nice to know what the "law" says but in practice never had any problems.

I know neighbouring Gibraltar does not like UAV flying at all

I live and fly near Malaga - I have over 300 flights with my Inspire 1 here and also about 300 flights with a Phantom. I have had no problems what so ever. Do not fly over crowded beaches over towns and over gathering of people. Non commercials are good to go. Be responsible and you will be nice
Thanks, Nils. I appreciate the post. Good confidence boost for me knowing you are flying successfully in Andalucia which is where I am going to be.

I am planning to fly over/around the Alhambra in Granada early morning before they open. Also planning some short flights in Cordoba, Seville, Jerez, Cadiz, Ronda, and various remote areas in the Grazalema.

Have you flown near or in any cities?

Kind regards - misha

Thanks, Nils. I appreciate the post. Good confidence boost for me knowing you are flying successfully in Andalucia which is where I am going to be.

I am planning to fly over/around the Alhambra in Granada early morning before they open. Also planning some short flights in Cordoba, Seville, Jerez, Cadiz, Ronda, and various remote areas in the Grazalema.

Have you flown near or in any cities?

Kind regards - misha
I have not been flying in any big cities, but I fly regulary near ( and a bit in ) Velez Malaga ( 80 000 ihb). Do not fly over places where people actually live.

Hi Misha,
I have flown (none commercial) a few times whilst visiting Spain without problems,
I kept to none crowded beaches and remote areas, and generally followed UK regs, always LOS, max 120m height, 50m from property and persons.
And obviously kept away from airports and any military areas, and got some really good photo's and footage.
This is my experience, others may differ??
Good luck, fly safe.
Hi Mike, just curious, when you say 50m away from property, does that mean you cannot fly over residential areas? It would be a real shame as some of the villages around Nerja are stunning for drone videography but dont want to chance it if you think it isnt allowed. Thanks!

Hi Mike, just curious, when you say 50m away from property, does that mean you cannot fly over residential areas? It would be a real shame as some of the villages around Nerja are stunning for drone videography but dont want to chance it if you think it isnt allowed. Thanks!
This thread is old, check the dates, a lot has changed since then. Here you have a link to the official information for Spain, in English: How to fly a UAS in Spain | AESA-Agencia Estatal de Seguridad Aérea - Ministerio de Fomento
You can also find information for recreational flights in that website. Don't fly over villages or people!

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide