Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone able to 3D print a tiny DJI model?

Reaction score
I know this is a bit of a silly request, for an even sillier reason, but I'm wondering if anyone has either the file, or the ability, to 3D print a model of the Inspire1 or other DJI drone?
Apparently I can do a tiny 3D print at my local library by booking their 3D printer if anyone has just the file, otherwise I'm more than happy to pay for someone to print me up a model. Looking at something probably about 30mm wide/long/high.

Now the silly reason is that we have magnetic discs at my work that we slide around on a white board to indicate where we are, and when we'll be back. Staff have begun sticking things on them to personalise them, so one guy has a small dragon glued to his, and another has a Lego character etc. I'd like to glue a miniature drone to mine, but searching for model drones is next to impossible, as there are so many micro and miniature drones out there that flood the results.

I know this is a bit of a silly request, for an even sillier reason, but I'm wondering if anyone has either the file, or the ability, to 3D print a model of the Inspire1 or other DJI drone?
Apparently I can do a tiny 3D print at my local library by booking their 3D printer if anyone has just the file, otherwise I'm more than happy to pay for someone to print me up a model. Looking at something probably about 30mm wide/long/high.

Now the silly reason is that we have magnetic discs at my work that we slide around on a white board to indicate where we are, and when we'll be back. Staff have begun sticking things on them to personalise them, so one guy has a small dragon glued to his, and another has a Lego character etc. I'd like to glue a miniature drone to mine, but searching for model drones is next to impossible, as there are so many micro and miniature drones out there that flood the results.
This would be easy. Great Idea! A mini Inspire hanging from my rear view mirror. I love it!

Reactions: Ezookiel
I agree. I'm actually surprised that no one has already made models of them. In all sorts of sizes - I'd love a really detailed one for my desk, and the mini one for the mirror sounds like a great idea, let alone the one I want for the magnet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Blue Bird
I agree. I'm actually surprised that no one has already made models of them. In all sorts of sizes - I'd love a really detailed one for my desk, and the mini one for the mirror sounds like a great idea, let alone the one I want for the magnet.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Pelican cases (and other case companies) have 3d scans of the Inspire which is what you could really do with (then just scale it) but....... They would never let their files go!
I would try and find someone locally who has the ability to 3d scan. :)

We've got a little XYZPrinting Junior 3D printer and it makes little models really well. It may be nearly as cheap to buy one of these than it would be to order a custom model printed.

There's 3D scan apps on for both iOS and Android. Not tried any since the office has a 3d scanner (not big enough for a I1 sorry) but a combination of a 3d scanner app and the Junior 3D printer may provide good enough models for your map.

There's always a few alternatives to the I1 free on t'interweb: DJI Phantom 2 - 3D model

UPDATE IDEA: Buy a Cheerson CX10 micro drone and use that instead. Bonus is that you can actually fly it around the map!

Last edited:
Reactions: Blue Bird

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont