Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Anyone tried decent filters on the Inspire 1 camera?

Reaction score
The filters that DJI supply with the Inspire 1 are good..... for the trash can/bin but not much else.
They are VERY poor quality and non multi coated.

I wondered if anybody had tried a decent filter on the Inspire's camera like a Heliopan or Hoya Pro?

Those I tried were a lot worse, to me the supplied one looks great.

a7531015-72-vlcsnap-2015-02-02-04h26m05s205.jpg

attachmentNew.php

And there's a big problem with the thread on the Inspire camera being much finer than the standard, so no way to mount them cleanly.

Ouch that's some pretty serious vignette and color cast there! Are you sure that top one isn't taken through a toilet roll :p

I'm going to have a play and an experiment........

The toilet roll shouldn't color cast :p
The vignetting is due to 2 stacked "normal" (non-thin) filters (4 stops and 2 stops). The color cast is... bah, shitty filters probably. Was just a Chinese set I got on eBay years ago for use on the GoPro HD1 when that was the best thing since sliced bread but very susceptible to jello.

Just be careful with your thread.

The filters that DJI supply with the Inspire 1 are good..... for the trash can/bin but not much else.

I wondered if anybody had tried a decent filter on the Inspire's camera like a Heliopan or Hoya Pro?
RageCams has this ND100 filter that is top notch quality and with sunshade, thread on perfectly- full money back guarantee:
http://ragecams.com/shop/nd100-glass-optics-neutral-density-filterhood-inspir-p-817.html

Attachments

• inspind100l.jpg
    inspind100l.jpg
    109.7 KB · Views: 21

I would assume you've read this thread in this forum about the ND8-ND64 filters available from Renaat:
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/finally-approved-nd-filters.2192/

Hundreds purchased and many positive feedbacks from satisfied users.

He's also working on a set of ND8 and ND16 graduated NDs with a 1.5 stop soft grad in the upper 1/3 of frame for those tricky sunrise and sunset shots.

Let us know how the SRP filters are working out. Is the CP useful?

I would assume you've read this thread in this forum about the ND8-ND64 filters available from Renaat:
http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/finally-approved-nd-filters.2192/

Hundreds purchased and many positive feedbacks from satisfied users.

He's also working on a set of ND8 and ND16 graduated NDs with a 1.5 stop soft grad in the upper 1/3 of frame for those tricky sunrise and sunset shots.

Let us know how the SRP filters are working out. Is the CP useful?
Hi Quadpilot,
That was a while ago now
I'm evaluating a filter for SRP so that's why I am testing it.
The CP element is great but alignment is critical (as with all CP's). Not an easy task mounted on a flying machine :p
Yes, I've got a set of Renaat's filters and they're really good :)

Will report back when I have done some more testing (and the wind dies down!) Via this thread....... http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/snake-river-prototyping-srp-nd8-cp-for-inspire.3265/#post-34959

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Hi Quadpilot,
That was a while ago now
I'm evaluating a filter for SRP so that's why I am testing it.
The CP element is great but alignment is critical (as with all CP's). Not an easy task mounted on a flying machine :p
Yes, I've got a set of Renaat's filters and they're really good :)

Will report back when I have done some more testing (and the wind dies down!) Via this thread....... http://www.inspirepilots.com/threads/snake-river-prototyping-srp-nd8-cp-for-inspire.3265/#post-34959

Looking forward to your report. I agree that while CPs are tricky to use, they have decided utility when flying over water or other reflective surfaces.

Hoya filters are on the top in the quality along with B+W >Schneider etc. I was looking for Hoya Pro ,but there filters start from 47mm ,as I remember (I own several Hoya in 77mm size ,one of the beast polarizing filters ). I thing you posted also the SRP ND8CP. I would like to try that one ( as I mentioned in another post, that filter combination is also god balancer between the sky and foreground).Another potential good filter would be Tiffin IRND ,but again that one comes in 77mm and 4x4 and is pretty pricy . To bad those filters are tempered glass ,thus impossible to cut ,to 37mm .
Now regarding the DJI filter ; I called dji asking if there filters are coated ,the respond was "I don't know" and "no", but when looking on the filter ,one side looks like coated ,but it is inside one instead of the outside one (looks like reversed orientation) .

I'm seeing a set of 3 ND filters for sale at B&H - specifically for the Inspire. Does anyone know if these are good? I'm looking to get my shutter speed to 1/60 on a sunny day at 100 ISO. I called B&H and the sales person did not know what I was talking about. Included in the kit is a ND 3stop filter...they guy said this should do it...I'm not convinced...has anyone tried these...I'm seeing other options, but am getting confusing reports about filters not being available?

Polar Pro - DJI Inspire 1 Filter 3-Pack

I'm seeing a set of 3 ND filters for sale at B&H - specifically for the Inspire. Does anyone know if these are good? I'm looking to get my shutter speed to 1/60 on a sunny day at 100 ISO. I called B&H and the sales person did not know what I was talking about. Included in the kit is a ND 3stop filter...they guy said this should do it...I'm not convinced...has anyone tried these...I'm seeing other options, but am getting confusing reports about filters not being available?

Polar Pro - DJI Inspire 1 Filter 3-Pack
I can only give you my own personal experience re quality of Polar Pro filters from their GoPro range (in my opinion).

I purchased, I fitted, I videoed, I watched the results...I placed the filter in the trash. End of story.

Thanks...I'm seeing this ND lens from Rage Cam...what I'm trying to do is get rid of jittery, jumping lines...it's been very frustrating. I've messed with all the softness options...no real results there. So I'm thinking I need to get shutter speed to 1/60...with the ND filter DJI has supplied, shutter speeds are very high

http://ragecams.com/shop/nd100-glas....html?osCsid=dbc78514aa5e73ef858e98c9a1f93d98

ND100 Glass Neutral Density ND Filter/Hood for DJI Inspire1 FPV

Kilhra...when you say you have a set of these on order...which filters are you talking about? I see a link to a convoluted thread discussing filters...with seveal people saying they can't order, etc?

Thanks

I can only give you my own personal experience re quality of Polar Pro filters from their GoPro range (in my opinion).

I purchased, I fitted, I videoed, I watched the results...I placed the filter in the trash. End of story.
Hi Editor,
I am very sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our filters. The new Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 filters we make use a much higher optical grade glass than our GoPro filters used to have. I would be more than happy to replace the filters you threw away with our new Inspire 1 filters.

Just shoot me an email and we will get you taken care of: [email protected]

Take Care,

Jeff

Hi Editor,
I am very sorry to hear you had a bad experience with our filters. The new Phantom 3 and Inspire 1 filters we make use a much higher optical grade glass than our GoPro filters used to have. I would be more than happy to replace the filters you threw away with our new Inspire 1 filters.

Just shoot me an email and we will get you taken care of: [email protected]

Take Care,

Jeff

Hi Jeff - thanks for your comments. PM sent.

The best available are from Snake River Prototyping. Get the filters here: http://www.snakeriverprototyping.com/i1-series-filters
Hi Chad, that is a great opinion, and those very well may be the best filters for your specific needs. I personally think that our filters are a great value, lightweight, and that few people if any would be able to tell the difference in a non bias sided by side comparison. I have never flown the ones you are talking about so I can't comment on those, but I fly ours all the time along with many producers and camera operators in production, and the results are great!

I know you are not the biggest fan of our company, but before you rip into our quality: yes our GoPro filters used to suck, however we are now using a completely new glass on our products which is 100x better than our first gen of GoPro filters. So to back up your claim that the above are the "best" available wouldn't you want to test all the available filters on the market instead of making an assumption? I have no problem sending a set for you to evaluate, I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

-Jeff: [email protected]

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry