Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

App always shows as DISCONNECTED since recent FW upgrade

Reaction score
Hi

I'm based in NZ and have the Inspire 1 (V1) I don't get to fly as often as I'd like for various reasons. As a result every time I do charge it up for a planned flight I get warnings saying it needs an update.

I updated to Inspire 1 Firmware v1.7.0.90 about a week ago. Since then I cannot get anything working properly

The RC talks to the AC as I can start/stop motors etc, but the android app on the device (Samsung Tab 8.4) wont talk to the RC/AC The screen just says DISCONNECTED at the top in a grey box. I've also tried the Samsung Note 4 and iPhone 6s

The device has been updated to the latest APP version DJI Go. I have spoken to the NZ supplier and they have helped as much as they can remotely but nothing seems to work. Things we have tried :

Reset the RC with the 4 button push
Reset the RC with the USB with gs_ofdm.bin

Tried to roll back version on the AC to 1.03 then 1.04, 1.06 etc
I can only get it to roll back to 1.06 - if I try earlier FW files its says it does not support roll back.
The AC is now back on 1.07
I have reformatted the SD card before trying to update.
I have tried another formatted SD card

My supplier has offered to look at him if I send it back, but as he's on another island the cost is quite significant, therefore I thought I'd ask here if there was anything else I could try before spending a lot on a courier, and hopefully get a fix as I have a job on Tuesday next week where I could really do with using it.

Any help / advice would be very much appreciated

Thanks

Jason

I've had a problem with my AC/RC before saying the not connected in grey, spent hours trying to figure it out then out of nowhere I plugged in the USB cord and it asked if I wanted to always use it to connect, I said yes and then everything worked. Had it happen twice between my tablet (samsung tab 2 7.0 & note 4). Hope this helps

I've had a problem with my AC/RC before saying the not connected in grey, spent hours trying to figure it out then out of nowhere I plugged in the USB cord and it asked if I wanted to always use it to connect, I said yes and then everything worked. Had it happen twice between my tablet (samsung tab 2 7.0 & note 4). Hope this helps

Thanks - Its never asked that (yet). I have USB Debugging enabled, and each time I plug the RC to the device, it makes the "bing bong" noise so I'm confident its not a stuffed usb port. I have two controllers and neither work since upgrade.

Cheers

I've had a problem with my AC/RC before saying the not connected in grey, spent hours trying to figure it out then out of nowhere I plugged in the USB cord and it asked if I wanted to always use it to connect, I said yes and then everything worked. Had it happen twice between my tablet (samsung tab 2 7.0 & note 4). Hope this helps. I've said before and I woul
Thanks - Its never asked that (yet). I have USB Debugging enabled, and each time I plug the RC to the device, it makes the "bing bong" noise so I'm confident its not a stuffed usb port. I have two controllers and neither work since upgrade.

Cheers

Cheers
Hopefully you get it sorted out it took me awhile for that message to appear. If you figure it post it so we know, I haven't updated my AC RC camera or TX since December as I'm afraid it will become inop and leave me pulling out my hair

Reactions: Jason Byrne
Hopefully you get it sorted out it took me awhile for that message to appear. If you figure it post it so we know, I haven't updated my AC RC camera or TX since December as I'm afraid it will become inop and leave me pulling out my hair
Speak of the devil this is exactly what I'm talking about, as soon as I say yes everything is fine

Attachments

• 20160326_222920.jpg
    20160326_222920.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 49
Hi Airtech is all working fine now since you had that notice regarding The USB? I'm getting the same thing

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Hi Airtech is all working fine now since you had that notice regarding The USB? I'm getting the same thing

Carlos if you hit the yes set it at default it should connect, sometimes still it will ask me again and I just press yes to using it as default and it always works

OK thanks, I have USB debugging enabled on a Samsung galaxy note 4. It will connect automatically when I plug it in but still remains not connected, 'Strange' but it will give me everything else on the app ie: calibration etc

Speak of the devil this is exactly what I'm talking about, as soon as I say yes everything is fine

Have never seen this come up on mine, which still wont connect.

When the drone flies, its awesome, but I'm so frustrated that it spends more time not flying due to FW updates. I appear to have tried everything possible that I can find online but still nothing works. I missed out on a decent job yesterday due to this and the only fix appears to be to send the whole kit back to the supplier at my expense to let them have a go. It sucks!

Thanks to everyone here who has tried to help me. Its really appreciated.

Have never seen this come up on mine, which still wont connect.

When the drone flies, its awesome, but I'm so frustrated that it spends more time not flying due to FW updates. I appear to have tried everything possible that I can find online but still nothing works. I missed out on a decent job yesterday due to this and the only fix appears to be to send the whole kit back to the supplier at my expense to let them have a go. It sucks!

Thanks to everyone here who has tried to help me. Its really appreciated.
Jason,
I've had the same exact problem and found that the ONLY FIX is to move away from any Android pad or phone and switch to an iPad (apple system). The Editor should be credited with this suggestion, not me. I followed his advise and I am glad I did. Everything came live immediately, pictures are clearer and much reduced lag time as well as early use of features that are not currently available on Android platforms.... Bite the bullet and get an iPad, you will be glad you did.

I'd been Googling solutions to a similar problem and thought I'd add my own experience and solution in case it helps anyone else;
Inspire 1 Pro on F/W v.1.4.0.70
X5 + DJI lens
iPhone 6+ with single controller
App 2.7.1

Flying quite happily (30+ flights) then out of the blue getting that red warning box "No Signal" alternating with "Weak Transmission Signal" and "Gimbal Disconnected" on the Aircraft Status screen.
Unable to see any picture from the camera although the RC thumb-wheel still had control of the gimbal direction.

No end of re-starting aircraft, controller and phone again and again without success.

Then I changed the SD card in the X5 for a totally clean one and everything was back to normal. That got me thinking...

I use my iMac to quickly review my video files, playing direct from the SD card. Any external card or drive inserted in a Mac gets additional files created on it by the OS - e.g. .fseventsd, .Trashes, ._.Trashes, MISC,
Then, if you play a video file direct from the card (through Quicktime player), the OS also generates another shadow file - e.g. ._DJI_0018.MOV

So, I wiped all these Mac files from the SD card using my laptop (Windows), kept the actual MOV recordings I'd already made and put this card back into the X5. Everything fine! Aircraft and controller connected and I could see the camera's feed on my iPhone.

I re-tested this by popping the SD card back into the Mac and playing a video (creating all those Mac OS files on the card again), then putting it back in the X5. Again, the AC and RC wouldn't hook up - showing "Gimbal disconnected". I popped the card back in the laptop, wiped the Mac files, transferred the SD card back to the X5 and, again, the aircraft and controller were happy to pair up and show me the camera feed on the iPhone.

Final point of interest is that this problem only came up after I'd got around 16 separate video files on the same SD card. Before that, I'd been happily switching the card between the X5 and my iMac, watching the video files back through Quicktime player without running into any issues.

If nothing else, it feels like the occasional re-format/clean out of an SD card could be a factor in keeping everything happy.

Really hope this helps a few people - I'm in no hurry to upgrade my firmware until the usual DJI teething troubles appear to have cleared through!

Last edited:
Reactions: Nick Komic

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fastprintstar