Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

USA App for Inspire 1 to do Waypoint Flying

Reaction score
Hey guys,
I'm looking for an App for Inspire 1 (Apple or Android ) to do waypoint flying.
(for remote sensing not mapping thus Drone deploy or Pix4D wont work )
App must have features to;
Plan mission at office (Job site is out of state, no internet )
Missions are polygon shaped, Must fly autonomous
Waypoints are custom picked at various Altitudes to be flown at varying speeds

below is a sample mission;
Take off from home point
fly to WP 1 at 1 m/s - WP 1 Alt 30 m
WP 1 to WP 2 at 3 m/s - WP 2 Alt 15 m
WP 2 to WP 3 at 10 m/s - WP 3 Alt 50 m
WP 3 to home at 5 m/s - land at home

so, is there any App out there ?

thanks in advance !

Autopilot would do that. iOS only. Check their online YouTube videos as it is complex at times with a lot of camera actions.

Don't know about the auto takeoff though as I usually launch manually in GO and get all the info while hovering and set up the cameras, check the hovering wind drift, voltage, altitude, or whatever before shutting off GO and launching Autopilot proceeding on a mission. You can auto land though at the end. Speeds may be in tenths at like 0.8 or 1.2 etc. depending on imperial or metric. You can plan a mission it it away from your current location, just check once you get there to make sure they align (You can moved entire pattern by sliding it around.).

LITCHI. Simple and everything you just asked for. mission way point planning at home or office, including altitude adjustments for terrain, speed, and camera presets. save the mission and when you get to the job site down load and hit the start button. Auto Pilot does this and more but huge learning curve. I have both apps using Litchi most of the time and learning autopilot on the side.
Cheers,
Z

I've used autopilot for similar and was very happy with the results. Steep learning curve as others have mentioned but it's a really powerful app and worth learning.

Litchi is a good app, the way points are much better than Go. I have it on a Ipad mini and it works good

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop