Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Apple ProRes Raw File Size

Thanks Ray. I am trying to find out file size without having the camera yet, obviously. My calculations have to be off somehow. I used PRORES RAW HQ and an average 300 Mb/s. That gives me roughly 18Gigs a minute which means I could shoot around 26 minutes per 480 GB SSD. I think the calculation is off. If anyone can chime in that has been shooting the new Apple Raw codes I would appreciate it.

Thanks Ray. I am trying to find out file size without having the camera yet, obviously. My calculations have to be off somehow. I used PRORES RAW HQ and an average 300 Mb/s. That gives me roughly 18Gigs a minute which means I could shoot around 26 minutes per 480 GB SSD. I think the calculation is off. If anyone can chime in that has been shooting the new Apple Raw codes I would appreciate it.

Assuming that your 300Mb/s data rate is correct (i.e. 300 megabits per seconds) that would equate to 37.5 MB/s (megabytes per second) which is 2.25GB per minute. At that rate your 480GB SSD should give around 213 minutes of record time.....

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stefanpome