Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Are Olympus Lenses Fully Functional?

Reaction score
Website
www.proskymedia.com
Hi all!

I'm curious before I consider purchasing the X5s sans DJI lens...

Are the aftermarket Olympus lenses fully functional and auto focusing just as the OEM DJI MFT lens that comes mounted on the X5s?

Any insights/recommendations/thoughts on skipping the OEM DJI lens and getting the M. Zuiko 17 instead? I figure best leave drones to a drone company and lenses to a camera company.

Hi there, yes as @NickU mentioned, the following "approved" lenses are fully functional and supported with the X5S: DJI 15mm, Panasonic Lumix 15mm and 14-42mm, Olympus 12mm, 17mm, 25mm, 45mm, and 9-18mm

Specific lens choice is really up to your exact need. The 12mm is what we see to be most popular followed by the 45mm. Again, all depends on the application but would say you can't go wrong with any of the fixed lenses from Olympus.

So can you tell me what I have just done in ordering a gimble + lens.
My order to supplier was-is, for Inspire2. 15mm lens with gimble then I ordered a gimble to suit a X5s camera so I could use a Olympus 12-24mm lens which I already have .
As I am reading the 15mm standard lens for the Inspire2 will suit the 12-24mm lens, is that correct...
Because the supplier tells me this( i have check your order, you have order the Zenmuse X5 gimbal, but this model NOT compatible in Inspire2,)
Confused.

The exchange rate to Aus dollars wil be $1,342.64 for me. how much for the shipping?

If you have ordered the Inspire 2, then the camera and lens combination you want is the X5S with DJI 15mm lens.

The X5S camera has its own integrated gimbal... i.e. Camera and gimbal are built as a single unit. The lens for the X5S can be removed and a different focal length put on, although I'm not sure if your Oly 12-24 is listed by DJI as being compatible.

You do NOT want the X5 camera with lens as the camera will not mount on your Inspire 2, it was designed for the Inspire 1 and has a different fitting. Your supplier is correct to query it with you, if you have ordered the X5 camera & lens, then you should cancel/return that bit of your order.

The Dji 15mm lens has a standard Micro 4/3rds lens mount that is used on several cameras, it fits both the X5S and X5.

Hope that helps.

Reactions: Advexure
There is a caveat to all this. I have the Oly 45 and it does NOT work on my X5S. I am told this is because the firmware in the lens is not the correct version. Alas, there is no way for me to update the firmware, so I may as well toss the lens in the trash.

There is a caveat to all this. I have the Oly 45 and it does NOT work on my X5S. I am told this is because the firmware in the lens is not the correct version. Alas, there is no way for me to update the firmware, so I may as well toss the lens in the trash.

Must just be an older lens. Mine and many others work very well. Have you talked with Olympus if they will exchange or credit toward and upgraded one?

We have heard that you can send the lens to Olympus to update the firmware. We have heard this on one occasion.

What happens when you have the 45 mounted?

Thanks NickU,
I should have thrown it out there first before I ordered but not all is lost the supplier wants me to finalise my order.and by the way the lens I actually have is an Olympus 14-42mm which people from ADVEXTURE ( thanks) said will suit.
Cheers.

Reactions: NickU

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide