Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Are you guys flying ? or are you groundet ?

Reaction score
My inspire 1 fly's fine with my Ipad 2 I am flying evry single day ... am I the only one doing it with ( no prob locks ) ? Are you all watching it in your living room saved in the case ?
Am I the only one insane ???

Yep you are, if you're not using plumbers tape or thread locker.

Please don't give bad advice. As mentioned, Loctite can eat plastic. If you choose to fly, and I have, then just be conscientious about tightening the props by hand. The more aggressively you fly the more likely it is that ESC braking might cause a prop fly-off. There have been only two instances among all the hundreds, if not thousands of Inspires out there, so this is not a widespread phenomenon. Just know that you do so at your own risk because of DJI's warning.

I've grounded mine. Not worth the risk to me if a prop spins off and DJI say "Well, we warned you".
I've got other craft to fly so no major issue. Just irritating. Considering returning it anyway.

Reactions: carlos najera
I have two Inspire 1's. I'm still flying both with new firmware and Nexus 7. Flies awesome!

I could see how there are concerns with props flying off: When I'm in a forward flight and let go of the right stick (mode 2), the Inspire stops pretty hard and the nose pitches up and I could hear the motors slow down quite a bit then spins up again. I could imagine props coming loose when the motors slow down from a forward flight to a stop. Prop locks would be more of a secure feeling. I don't do the auto take off or landing stuff. Not sure why I would need that. It's scary knowing a lot of new flyers are getting into this quad stuff and not knowing how to fly without GPS or proper flight orientation.

Thanks DJI, it's not a perfect product but in my opinion it is the best product on the market!! I won't jump on the crying bandwagon. Remember, Toyota, Honda, Chevy, Ford, Mercedes, etc...still have recalls on their cars and trucks to this day. Nothing is perfect, nothing is forever.

Steve,

I had four flights today with the Nexus 7 and it performed great. I was using my iPad Air until it required an update and stopped working. No problem. So, I switched to using my Note 4, Nexus 7, and Samsung 12" tablet. All working great.

I use both Apple and Droid tablets. Times like these, is why android is great...not allowing the Apple Nazis to control me.

Steve,

I had four flights today with the Nexus 7 and it performed great. I was using my iPad Air until it required an update and stopped working. No problem. So, I switched to using my Note 4, Nexus 7, and Samsung 12" tablet. All working great.

I use both Apple and Droid tablets. Times like these, is why android is great...not allowing the Apple Nazis to control me.

My guess is that your Samsung 12" does not get mounted on the controller?

Flying and truly falling for this beauty. The video is truly amazing. Beats anything I've gotten out of the Hero3+. Fast, stable, and camera control is sooooo nice for inflight adjustments. My gripes are minor and will hopefully be fixed with firmware adjustments.

Tighten your props and go out and fly!

Reactions: GizaDog
Steve,

Thanks.... Still using my Air for now but, ordered the Nexus 7.

Flying...installed small "O" rings on the shafts...no way the props will come off...especially if you fly reasonable. If you fly erratic or just stupid, well have fun...

Come on guys, I could never sit and stare at a box for weeks.
Stop crying, Tighten your props and fly. Haha.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
Grounded. I dont want to throw almost 3k to the garbage. But if the propeller locks wont come this week im not sure if i will be able to wait any longer. That thing its meant to fly not to stay on its case.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters