Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Australia to relax drone laws in 2016

Reaction score
Whilst the rest of the world seem to be cracking down, CASA are going in the opposite direction.

In Australia from 2016 it's looking like it will be legal to operate UAV's weighing less than 2kg for commercial gain, without requirement of any sort of license.

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/405002,casa-prepares-to-introduce-new-drone-rules.aspx

Doesn't really help any of us inspire owners as she weighs a bit more than 2kg, however with some of the new lighter weight , high-end models coming out like the P3, it will make commercial operations fairly achievable for the average punter.

Not sure how fair this is on the folks who have just spent $10K on getting certified by CASA...

**** your lucky guys.:mad:It was just in the Dutch newspaper that we will be restricted to 150(50 mtr) feet altitude within a couple of months.More stupid laws wil follow I guess.

Whilst the rest of the world seem to be cracking down, CASA are going in the opposite direction.

In Australia from 2016 it's looking like it will be legal to operate UAV's weighing less than 2kg for commercial gain, without requirement of any sort of license.

http://www.itnews.com.au/News/405002,casa-prepares-to-introduce-new-drone-rules.aspx

Doesn't really help any of us inspire owners as she weighs a bit more than 2kg, however with some of the new lighter weight , high-end models coming out like the P3, it will make commercial operations fairly achievable for the average punter.

Not sure how fair this is on the folks who have just spent $10K on getting certified by CASA...

As a Hobbyist Photographer this is good news. My only interest is in selling my own prints not chasing commercial jobs.

I am hoping CASA will allow Inspire 1 owners to apply for waiver on the weight.

Reactions: sirnikolas
I like the idea of a national register. I still believe there should be some sort of affordable licensing system that needs to be undertaken by anyone wishing to pursue commercial work.

CASA should make it so that the licensee requires a basic understanding of safe flight at the very least. It shouldn't just be open slather, I think that's asking for trouble.

Reactions: Ian Fraser
As a Hobbyist Photographer this is good news. My only interest is in selling my own prints not chasing commercial jobs.

I am hoping CASA will allow Inspire 1 owners to apply for waiver on the weight.

If you selling prints, isn´t that commercial..?

If you selling prints, isn´t that commercial..?

This is what new laws will allow me to do. Under the current rules I can't sell prints.

I will not be flying for hire the flights will be to get my own images

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool