Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Automated "Flying Taxis" to be in use by July in Dubai

Reaction score
Website
cleareyephoto.com
Thought Inspire Pilots would find this ny times article interesting:
https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/...d=nytcore-ipad-share&smprod=nytcore-ipad&_r=0

Especially see the video near the end of the article. here's the direct link to that video on Youtube in case the article disappears:
)

As I watched the actor casually stroll up to the craft's knee-level "fairly substantial" props, still spinning down, at around 0:55, I had to laugh at the contrast with the care I use to make sure everyone keeps a safe distance from my Inspire during takeoffs and landings.

Looking forward to Casey Neistat's review of this thing!

I just want one of those motors to power a 200cc Fixed wing airframe :D

Maybe a s2 Pitts...Yak etc A man can dream.

On topic no way would you catch me in one of those things without any controls at all.

Last edited:
Wait until the cities try and control their airspace, and drones both.

The day one falls through someone's house is when the lawmakers will go nuts with anti-kwad people-hauler ordinances and laws. Nat. Parks may already be against them so the "Ban them all" sequence may have already began.

Dunno.

For sure this will be the future.And I wil be the first to sign up for testing.

For sure this will be the future.And I wil be the first to sign up for testing.

Would you honestly trust someone else in no danger themselves or software to fly you around though?

Things go wrong to often for me to buy into it haha

Would you honestly trust someone else in no danger themselves or software to fly you around though?

Well cars are allready on the way,so why not this.And you have to trust DJI software everytime,and if you trust this you can trust everything;););)

There is a little button called "Auto Pilot" it's software and hardware (gasp) and is used from 500-30,000+ft. Next time you're on an Airliner ask the Capt "Could you please manually drive this thing, I'm not confutable with this software thing-e"

Yup, and the autopilot is involved in airprox too... although usually at the command of the PIC. There was one around London last year where they stuck the wrong heading in it as they where joining the approach and ended up turning left instead of right (or other way round) and cutting up someone :confused:

Basically you ain't safe from Murphy anywhere :p:D

Reactions: giumick
There is a little button called "Auto Pilot" it's software and hardware (gasp) and is used from 500-30,000+ft. Next time you're on an Airliner ask the Capt "Could you please manually drive this thing, I'm not confutable with this software thing-e"

And if you watch a few air crash investigations it has also been blamed for alot of accidents as pilots reacted wrongly in situations due to lack of actual hands on experience or by assuming the computer was right.

Its a big debate carrying alot of valid points and a sarcy remark doesn't really cut the mustard.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla