Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bad battery

Reaction score
I have a battery that will not charge but when you hit the power button it flashes 1 bar. Was wondering if anyone knew of a fix for this or if the battery is not savable. It only has 15 cycles on it. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.

I have a battery that will not charge but when you hit the power button it flashes 1 bar. Was wondering if anyone knew of a fix for this or if the battery is not savable. It only has 15 cycles on it. Any help or ideas would be greatly appreciated.
It would help if you said what battery you are talking about.
TB47/48/50......etc

I would be wary of a malfunctioning battery. As expensive as they are I feel your pain that you might lose one early in its life but I had one that got a little wet from a yard sprinkler and it caught fire spectacularly. Luckily it was on a patio but it would have burned my house down. It looked like an out of control magnesium fire for about 3 minutes.

Since yours has an issue, I'd take it to the recycle center or landfill for batteries and get it away from your house and car. I now carry my Inspire batteries in a metal ammo case in the car and store them in it while in the house. If one of them decides to go up, everything combustible around them will be consumed by fire.

Thought: I see you have two posts so maybe a new user with a new drone. Have you contacted DJI? It might be replaced under warranty. Also, have you looked closely at the contacts with a magnifying glass. Do you see anything blocking a contact or anything odd? You might try some forced air and an electrical contact cleaner. That could get it going again.

Attachments

• BattFire_01.jpg
    BattFire_01.jpg
    866.1 KB · Views: 9
  • BattFire_02.jpg
    BattFire_02.jpg
    412.1 KB · Views: 9
Last edited:

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members