Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Batteries, Inspire 1, Phantom Angel

Reaction score
Having had the dreaded, deep discharge and recharge warning on controller I was never able to totally discharge the battery /TB 48, no matter what I tried e.g. running rotors/idle, no props, wait a period of time, etc. Seems, they never totally discharged or the WARNING was a red herring and no matter what, the battery was going to continue to give the controller FAULT even though the green lights indicated the BATTERY GOOD. The question was, failure in flight WARNING was enough to get my attention and spend the 100 bucks USD for the Phantom Angel; which, allegedly totally discharged battery and SHOULD eliminate this WARNING/FAULT. I was doubtful, but I've piddled away more than 100 bucks and if it works, assuming my other batteries eventually going to end up giving me that warning, WTH, go for it.

Ok, got it yesterday, followed directions. Oh, quick warning, the Latex/Vinyl glove furnished is for inserting the halogen lamp in the unit. For those not aware, any body oils can change the surface characteristics of the bulb and will shorten its life due to expansion at different rates and cracking the bulb, etc. If you touch it without reading first, well, just take a cloth/paper towel, use rubbing alcohol to clean it thoroughly, and insert in socket.
Be sure to follow directions and there is a polarity issue.

Ok, bulb lights up, bright as can be, and within < 2 hours battery totally discharged. I put on charger, got up to 2 greenies, and inserted in Inspire. NO WARNING ON CONTROLLER, all is well, the total discharge and recharge did whatever was needed for the controller to accept it without fault and I now have a working battery.

At 100 bucks USD arguably not cheap, but a good investment if you have had failures of this sort. I highly recommend the product.

Credit goes to someone on this site recommending the product, I don't remember and likely too lazy to look him up but . . .

Having had the dreaded, deep discharge and recharge warning on controller I was never able to totally discharge the battery /TB 48, no matter what I tried e.g. running rotors/idle, no props, wait a period of time, etc. Seems, they never totally discharged or the WARNING was a red herring and no matter what, the battery was going to continue to give the controller FAULT even though the green lights indicated the BATTERY GOOD. The question was, failure in flight WARNING was enough to get my attention and spend the 100 bucks USD for the Phantom Angel; which, allegedly totally discharged battery and SHOULD eliminate this WARNING/FAULT. I was doubtful, but I've piddled away more than 100 bucks and if it works, assuming my other batteries eventually going to end up giving me that warning, WTH, go for it.

Ok, got it yesterday, followed directions. Oh, quick warning, the Latex/Vinyl glove furnished is for inserting the halogen lamp in the unit. For those not aware, any body oils can change the surface characteristics of the bulb and will shorten its life due to expansion at different rates and cracking the bulb, etc. If you touch it without reading first, well, just take a cloth/paper towel, use rubbing alcohol to clean it thoroughly, and insert in socket.
Be sure to follow directions and there is a polarity issue.

Ok, bulb lights up, bright as can be, and within < 2 hours battery totally discharged. I put on charger, got up to 2 greenies, and inserted in Inspire. NO WARNING ON CONTROLLER, all is well, the total discharge and recharge did whatever was needed for the controller to accept it without fault and I now have a working battery.

At 100 bucks USD arguably not cheap, but a good investment if you have had failures of this sort. I highly recommend the product.

Credit goes to someone on this site recommending the product, I don't remember and likely too lazy to look him up but . . .
Been using those for a while, and I like them.
Phantom Angel

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84