Battery broken cell and what to do with the other one?

SMD

Reaction score
I took my I2 out today after it was sitting for a number of months (long story... due to an injury). Normally I fly a lot but life got into the way. The aircraft wouldn't start and I saw it said broken cell. I only have 28 cycles on this pair but they're over a year old. What can I do with the battery that has the broken cell? Assuming there's nothing I can do what do I do with the other good battery? Can I pair it with a brand new battery even though it has 28 cycles?

I assume that there's no problem by using the batteries mixed.That is why the I2 is designed with 2 batteries as far as I know.
To avoid future problems just charge and check batteries even when not flying.That's what I do in the winter when flying is less regular.
So next time keep an eye on your batteries ,saves you a lot of money

Reactions: SMD
Hi SMD, five cents worth - Is it not a case of an upgrade required on the battery firmware perhaps? - there was a lot of talk about battery dead cells that got fixed by the latest upgrade - I personally had one that was manufactured almost a year ago so it had been sitting on the shelf for some time - second time I charged it it had a "broken cell" - which got fixed after full craft firmware upgrade using DJI assistant 2 downloaded from the I2 DJI support website ( you must be logged in to see the downloads). Must add there is some sequence like upgrade, charge and let it sit for some hours - I think it was 90 or 72.

Last edited:
I have 4 out of 10 battery´s with broken cells and only 7-9 cycles on them..