Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery Conditioning

At what percentage do you land

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I've had similar experience to MrTVR, I generally fly the I2 to between 17% and 10% indicated level depending on weather conditions. I've not noticed any appreciable loss of battery performance across 6 pairs, nor any notable or continued drops in individual cell performance. I keep an eye on the voltages (it's shown alongside the %age on screen) too. In general, even at lower %'s, the voltages are not approaching those at which I'd feel the need to be worried about causing damage to the cells.

The only times I've experienced any poor performance from the TB50's has been after they've self discharged to storage level at around 50-55% - I usually (gently) fly the battery pairs down to around 20% in those cases and then recharge. When flying under these conditions I've noticed that the cells are consistently more likely to show uneven voltages during flight, especially under load, and that the voltage can drop faster in comparison to battery pairs that have been fully charged before flight. Once fully recharged, they regain their normal performance level.

I've also flown Phantom 4 batteries under the same kind of regime and they've performed similarly - those are showing slightly lower mAh capacities now after 20 months, but only to around 94% battery life as reported by Healthydrones.

Unfortunately, I've been unable to fly my I2 since the start of May, so it'll be interesting to see if the batteries have lost any performance or have any issues once I've got the I2 back in the skies. (If DJI don't get their skates on and get it back to me soon, I'll have to consider buying the battery station so that I can keep the TB50's in condition :( )

Reactions: slim.slamma
The only times I've experienced any poor performance from the TB50's has been after they've self discharged to storage level at around 50-55% - I usually (gently) fly the battery pairs down to around 20% in those cases and then recharge. When flying under these conditions I've noticed that the cells are consistently more likely to show uneven voltages during flight, especially under load, and that the voltage can drop faster in comparison to battery pairs that have been fully charged before flight.
:cool:
Any difference in Atti?

Unfortunately, I've been unable to fly my I2 since the start of May, so it'll be interesting to see if the batteries have lost any performance or have any issues once I've got the I2 back in the skies. (If DJI don't get their skates on and get it back to me soon, I'll have to consider buying the battery station so that I can keep the TB50's in condition :( )[/QUOTE]

**** Nick all this time I thought you was a rep :)
Hang in there buddy:D

Scratch that atti question.

I've only ever noticed marginal flight time improvements using anti mode.

As to me being a Rep... hahahaha, I wish! Would be good to have some income to offset these expensive flying machines!!! Anyway, I'm to cynical to ever be anyone's Rep :p:rolleyes:

I'm hanging in there flying my little P4 buddy... while it's a great flying machine, it just ain't the same as the I2 :(

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DaisyBanue