Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery critical

Reaction score
I was wondering if anybody else experienced this problem, Took my i1 for a Quick buzz around the property my battery was not fully charged on the i1 ( 49% ) when after about 2 1/2 minutes I got the low battery warning 30% so I started to bring her around to land and about 4 seconds later after the 30% warning it drop to 6% scared **** out of me. I don't know if the outside temperature had anything to do with it. it was 33° and sunny outside.

Had this problem with P2 batteries. Mine turned out to be swollen cells (batteries were toast).

WOW..... only have 2 charge cycles on this battery!
At low temperatures, battery efficiency drops considerably- also, you cannot pull as large a load when cell voltage is low compared to when it's high. This is not a gasoline powered car. You should keep batteries warm before flying under such conditions.

As for the other post- it's out of context here but the P2 did have a bunch of lemon batteries last year

Last edited:
Reactions: lrwskyfilms
We have had sub-freezing temps here. (10-20F) Along with 10-15MPH winds.

TB47 lasting 12-14 minutes consistently for 6 flights now...

For reference.

It happens in cold weather... I did the same thing the other day. The temp was in the 20's and the battery in the high 40's... Kept it close knowing that. Didn't take long for the red lights to come on.... then the battery dropped quickly and the Inspire auto landed. No big deal as I was in process of landing anyway. Put the Battery pads on after that. :) But yes... I would expect that type of behavior in cold weather on a drained battery, especially without the pads. Not sure that they will really do much to add to the time, but they came with the unit, so why not use them.

Reactions: lrwskyfilms
It happens in cold weather... I did the same thing the other day. The temp was in the 20's and the battery in the high 40's... Kept it close knowing that. Didn't take long for the red lights to come on.... then the battery dropped quickly and the Inspire auto landed. No big deal as I was in process of landing anyway. Put the Battery pads on after that. :) But yes... I would expect that type of behavior in cold weather on a drained battery, especially without the pads. Not sure that they will really do much to add to the time, but they came with the unit, so why not use them.

Do the extra batteries come with these also?

They are supposedly removable and reusable.... I haven't tried taking them off yet....

Hey Ed... Heard you spent some time with Tom today.... He enjoyed flying the Inspire.

Richie

Reactions: Tahoe Ed
They are supposedly removable and reusable.... I haven't tried taking them off yet....

Hey Ed... Heard you spent some time with Tom today.... He enjoyed flying the Inspire.

Richie

It was nice to meet him finally. I was not able to fix his problem on the S900. We are going to get back together on Monday and I may redo his entire set up.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44