Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

battery heater

Reaction score
so, hi everyone.
i come from inspire 1, and more than 50% flight in mountain, with -8°C (18°F) to +8°C (45°F).
as i used, i got multiple battery heater so that i can run with my birds continuos, one after one, with no loosing time.
battery heater could run temp battery from 30/35°F to 77°F in 20 mins, giving more safely, i got 4.

inspire 2 have heating battery inside, so, if i have 10 batteries at 20°F, did you think that i follow this rule?

battery inside I2 to heating -- 15 mins waiting time.
Flying time -- 25 mins
battery inside I2 to heating -- 15 mins waiting time.
Flying time -- 25 mins

do my customers need to waiting half day to waiting "heating time"?
and if i cannot have "heating time" ???

thanks

I have flown my I2 in cold conditions, down to -25F. I keep the batteries in the car and often in their case with hand warmers to help out. When setting up outside I quickly load the new batteries and turn on the I2 to start the heaters. After about 1-2 min I take off and do my filming. It does not take too long for the battery usage to take over the heating. As we know batteries get warm with use. The heaters are only to make sure the start of use is a bit warmer. That said, the only negative I have had with very cold flights is the tendency of the shock balls on the gimbal to get very stiff and I end up with some rolling shutter if I add power to a particular shot. Ghosting along seems to be OK. Also, I have read negative things about trying to use the battery heater feature (w/o having them on the I2). Many could not turn it off and they ended up frying their batteries.

Reactions: Donnie Frank

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
joe123