Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery issue after upgrade and calibration

Reaction score
Hi guys,i have a issue with my two tb48.After upgrade with last firmware and calibrated (100% to 5% an ioc) i have WRONG.TOTAL CAPACITY AND BATTERY LIFE.What can i do?Thank you

Attachments

• IMG_0230.JPG
    IMG_0230.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
  • IMG_0228.JPG
    IMG_0228.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 57
I think I read somewhere someone said you actually have to go lower then 5% for it to properly cycle.

Hi guys,i have a issue with my two tb48.After upgrade with last firmware and calibrated (100% to 5% an ioc) i have WRONG.TOTAL CAPACITY AND BATTERY LIFE.What can i do?Thank you
The max charge values are low especially considering the few charges logged. You should see something over 5600mAh with a TN48 and close to 5700mAh. It took me at least 3 attempts to correctly carry out the 100%-5%-100% recalibration. It is essential that the discharge is continuous for 100% to 5%. And @LockMD is partly correct. By the time the I1 finally stops at 5% you will probably find the percentage is between 0 and 5%. Everyone I know has seen a drop in battery remaining life of 2-4%; I would not get too concerned with this.

The max charge values are low especially considering the few charges logged. You should see something over 5600mAh with a TN48 and close to 5700mAh. It took me at least 3 attempts to correctly carry out the 100%-5%-100% recalibration. It is essential that the discharge is continuous for 100% to 5 %.

Thank you scot.My discharge was not continous...I' ll try to recalbrate again.Ciao

This is such crap with these batteries. All these crazy steps to make sure the battery is properly charged. Is this really a "Smart Battery"? I don't see it!! These are by far the stupidest Lipo batteries on the market right now. LOL!!! Sorry for the rant........now back to our show.

This is such crap with these batteries. All these crazy steps to make sure the battery is properly charged. Is this really a "Smart Battery"? I don't see it!! These are by far the stupidest Lipo batteries on the market right now. LOL!!! Sorry for the rant........now back to our show.
It is not crap, it has just been poorly explained. There has been much comment on the forums regarding battery performance and the sudden death syndrome (rapid discharge from 30% to <10%). With FW 1.3.0.0, DJI has remodelled the battery profile and, it is my surmise, to address these issues. For your smart battery to correctly use this new profile and display the correct max power and percentage discharge, it is necessary to carry out the recalibration (described elsewhere) on each battery.

Last edited:
Reactions: Aviator
It is not crap, it has just been poorly explained. There has been much comment on the forums regarding battery performance and the sudden death syndrome (rapid discharge from 30% to <10%). With FW 1.3.0.0, DJI has remodelled the battery profile and, it is my surmise, to address these issues. For your smart battery to correctly use this new profile and display the correct max power and percentage discharge, it is necessary to carry out the recalibration (described elsewhere) on each battery.
I read on another forum, it is not the percentage, it is the voltage. All cells need to be 3.3 v or lower. Most have done the discharge and wait for the Inspire to turn off. The calibration makes the percentage match the voltage. This is why some see 5% and some see 0% or any other number.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
unitedconveyormktg