Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Battery weirdness...

Reaction score
So, I get in a 180w battery charger today (for use with the 4-port charging hub I have on the way as well), and it came with a TB47 battery.

Now, the battery when plugged into the drone, shows 783mAh capacity and 122 cycles. Not great. Under the advance info is shows "self discharge in storage" as the status (while it is plugged in and powering the aircraft)???

It discharges to 0mAh, but still shows 3.78-3.80v per cell. Not even close to being "dead". And the aircraft is still sitting there powered on.

Now, I am letting the aircraft run until it fully dies on its own and then will recharge with a 100w DJI charger (since I haven't tested and cannot trust the 180w "fast charger"), but my question is will that reset the available mAh reading to be accurate?

It would seem that there is much more capacity available than 783mAh.

Thoughts, input, suggestions???

So, I get in a 180w battery charger today (for use with the 4-port charging hub I have on the way as well), and it came with a TB47 battery.

Now, the battery when plugged into the drone, shows 783mAh capacity and 122 cycles. Not great. Under the advance info is shows "self discharge in storage" as the status (while it is plugged in and powering the aircraft)???

It discharges to 0mAh, but still shows 3.78-3.80v per cell. Not even close to being "dead". And the aircraft is still sitting there powered on.

Now, I am letting the aircraft run until it fully dies on its own and then will recharge with a 100w DJI charger (since I haven't tested and cannot trust the 180w "fast charger"), but my question is will that reset the available mAh reading to be accurate?

It would seem that there is much more capacity available than 783mAh.

Thoughts, input, suggestions???
I would suggest you try a search on the forum.
Many threads regarding capacity etc....
eg.

Thanks for that...

I did do a search, went through at least 7 or 8 of the 10 pages that came up... As you stated there are tons of threads, just a matter of finding one that applied with that specific info.

Thanks for that...

I did do a search, went through at least 7 or 8 of the 10 pages that came up... As you stated there are tons of threads, just a matter of finding one that applied with that specific info.
I used to use the 180 watt charger all the time with no troubles. I now use the M600 6-port charger, but would use the 180 watt charger again without worry.

I think you're doing the right thing. Fully discharge the battery by leaving the Inspire powered up until it dies on its own and then fully charge. Lather, rinse, repeat. I'd do that up to 4 times before giving up on the battery. This assumes there is nothing wrong with the charger.

D

Reactions: niki

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Charlesssouth