Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bay Area Pilots?

[QUOTE="I usually fly at Treasure Island, but I think this is going to become a no-fly zone soon[/QUOTE] Why do you think T.I. will become a no-fly zone?

I'm in Oakland as well, newbie I1 owner, I've flown in Alameda on the abandoned naval property a couple times.

Reactions: SkySav
[QUOTE="I usually fly at Treasure Island, but I think this is going to become a no-fly zone soon
Why do you think T.I. will become a no-fly zone?[/QUOTE]
I'm sure it has to do with the Coast Guard being based there and proximity to the Bay Bridge. TI is my old stomping grounds and when I checked the no-fly zones in the pilot app I saw a big red dot there so I never tried. I will now the caj001 has!

I'm in Oakland as well, newbie I1 owner, I've flown in Alameda on the abandoned naval property a couple times.
@tre ward I live in oakland as well. Although I spend much of my work week in Sillicon Valley. I've only flown at Lake Merrit once and alameda a few times. When I flew at Lake Merrit it was magic hour. The perfect time to fly. I let some film making colleagues of mine control the camera. It was a complete waste of a flight. I'm sure to lock the camera controls anytime I fly with anyone new.

Hey guys,

I live in T.I and am plaining to get I1. Since it would be my first drone, I would like to learn more about it before the purchase.
If anyone come to T.I to fly, can you P.M me? or email me at [email protected]
I would love to see how you guys fly and how the I1 behave.

Thanks in advance.

P.S If you need to charge your battery, you can charge your batteries at my place.

I had no complaints from surfers point and got some really great shots. It was a great learning experience for me and my newbie camera man. The waves were pretty weak but the winds were calm. Pedestrians were friendly and inquisitive, and my camera man spoke to them while I focused on flying. Looking forward to meeting a lot of like minded people this Friday at the Data X Conference.

Sorry to hear that. It is a bit spendy, even when it was at the early bird price. I'm sure this conference won't be the last Data X. I'm still on the fence weather or not to even bring my i1. My 11 hours and 41 minutes is literally all of my flying experience.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207