Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best camera/lens for stills

Here's one example made with P4P images: Virtual Tours Made Simple
Terribile results, unnatural panoramas, artificial-digital, blue shocking everywhere, hyper contrasted, wrong hue and an ultra saturated sky and blue (!) dark clouds... this I can frankly wrote after having done these works for 25+ years and using only PTGui as stitcher, to begin to do the panorama-puzzle, always using AEB mode, 3 or more shots for each frame.
With the sun and luminous clouds even 10+ AEB shots if needed.
I see also the typical gosts of the terrain due to different luminosity between adiacent frames (with moving clouds).
Ha!

Terribile results, unnatural panoramas, artificial-digital, blue shocking everywhere, hyper contrasted, wrong hue and an ultra saturated sky and blue (!) dark clouds... this I can frankly wrote after having done these works for 25+ years and using only PTGui as stitcher, to begin to do the panorama-puzzle, always using AEB mode, 3 or more shots for each frame.
I see also the typical gosts of the terrain due to different luminosity between adiacent frames (with moving clouds).
Ha!
Folks on this forum are usually not so harsh with C/C and more forgiving. You must have pretty high standards, hope you are applying them equally to your own work as you do to others. It would be nice to see your work, so others perhaps less skilled at this point of their journey can learn and see something they can aspire to.

Last edited:
Folks on this forum are usually not so harsh with C/C and more forgiving. You must have pretty high standards, hope you are applying them equally to your own work as you do to others. It would be nice to see your work, so others perhaps less skilled at this point of their journey can learn and see something they can aspire to.
This is for sure, dude, you have found the right person to say this to.

But no need, to go for, or invoke high standards ..."we" are at a pretty low level here, indeed, as PP result.
Just look at those images and compare them with the real ones, possible by Nature Earth using your eyes.
They cannot even be considered as arts, are not.

This is for sure, dude, you have found the right person to say this to.

But no need, to go for, or invoke high standards ..."we" are at a pretty low level here, indeed, as PP result.
Just look at those images and compare them with the real ones, possible by Nature Earth using your eyes.
They cannot even be considered as arts, are not.
Pointing at other's work is an easy way out. Perhaps it is time for you to get down from your high horse and show us samples of your own work and in direct comparison point out to the "obvious PP shortcomings" of the work you criticise.

Pointing at other's work is an easy way out. Perhaps it is time for you to get down from your high horse and show us samples of your own work and in direct comparison point out to the "obvious PP shortcomings" of the work you criticise.
I'm not here to advertise to me.
If you have luck and tenacity you can find my site with Gigapixel images of the Alps, where there are a very small fraction of those in my large archive.

I'm not here to advertise to me.
If you have luck and tenacity you can find my site with Gigapixel images of the Alps, where there are a very small fraction of those in my large archive.
I am sure posting a link to one of your panos would not be regarded by The Editor as advertising. It would save everybody's time trying to find your work. Pretty simple I would have thought.

I am sure posting a link to one of your panos would not be regarded by The Editor as advertising. It would save everybody's time trying to find your work. Pretty simple I would have thought.
Repeat, I am not here to show my works and my site, I haven't even considered the possible issue with The Editor.

My works have been seen in the web and are published on paper for at least 2 decades. Designing and producing calendars, I am quite prepared for possible criticism.
I want to keep the two topics, drones and photography, separate on the web, for my motivated choice, don't insist, please.

My works have been seen in the web and are published on paper for at least 2 decades. Designing and producing calendars, I am quite prepared for possible criticism.
I want to keep the two topics, drones and photography, separate on the web, for my motivated choice, don't insist, please.
Whatever makes you happy?

Ha!
Wow, that was a bucket of ice-cold water over my head :D! For my defence, the day I shot this pano was particularly bright and crispy, almost no haze in the air. Sky was indeed deep blue, white clouds clearly defined and very contrasty, almost unreal. I usually script-process my DNG pano images in 3 batches (sky containing row, next below and remaining rows down to nadir), applying exposure adjustments to overblown sky and underexposed bottom rows. Perhaps I get a bit over the edge with Vibrance slider, mea culpa ...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
powerdry