Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best Islands for Coral Reefs

Reaction score
I recently went to Colorado;

This spring, I plan to go to an island to photograph underwater coral reefs. Likely, one or more of the Caribbean Islands. Any suggestions for the best location(s) for this type of photography?

Last edited:
Just a tip:smoother camera handling will make this vid much better too watch!

I make almost every shot by my own and never get any problems.Sure 2 operators are better but in your first vid at 0.30 you handle your camera way to fast .This is what I mean.Practice and practice and you will see that smooth handling is not that hard.Good luck and show your improvement(you will get better trust me)

If you're looking for a reef near the Caribbean to film, I highly recommend Belize and blue hole. It's the second largest reef in the world and the contrast with the hole would be some great footageIMG_6985.jpg

Reactions: Stryker
The Google location for that blue hole indicates you would have to launch your drone from a boat. Have you actually been there?

The Google location for that blue hole indicates you would have to launch your drone from a boat. Have you actually been there?

Ahhh, yes you probably would not be able to take off from land. If that's one of your requirements, you'll either need a boat or some serious battery mods!

Some other good (land accessible) reefs would be Cozumel or isla roatan (Honduras).

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
EarthmovingAdelaide