Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

UK Best marketing for commercial UAV

Reaction score
Hi, I was just wondering what is the best marketing strategies for a small aerial drone photography business,

What have you found to work the best, advertising locally in the paper or signing up to the likes of the drone safe register etc,

What have you all found is the most profitable way to get work coming in.

Thanks in advance for any replies if people feel that they can share this information.

I have been told that marketing can be in any way a business would market their product. Info packets of your business in PDF form and emailed to prospective clients is simple and easy. Your vehicle is a moving billboard if you have a person/company that can decal it. In saying this the best way I think to ease people into trusting your business is an eye to eye meeting and started off with a solid handshake, explaining your business and if they are not up to date on the aerial business, a nice positive explanation of what, how and why you do this and its benefits is in order.
Good luck, and from what I hear and believe this aerial business market is still 12-18 months away..:)

1. Website
2. SEO
??????
Profit

Seriously we have tried lots of stuff, tradeshow booths, sponsoring events, print materials etc. They were all basically a waste of money as our cheap website I built and basic search engine optimization has gotten us essentially all of our business.

Thanks for your replies so far, basically the bottom line is achieving at least a full day's work on average once a week to make it viable, that could either be 2 half days or whate ever as long as it basically amounts to the one full day.

Do you think this is relatively easily achievable?

Thanks for your replies so far, basically the bottom line is achieving at least a full day's work on average once a week to make it viable, that could either be 2 half days or whate ever as long as it basically amounts to the one full day.

Do you think this is relatively easily achievable?
Depends how good you are and what you charge, also if you are certified or not and how much competition you have in your area.
Lots of guys around where I live want to jump into the industry, which is fine, but really have no concept of the additional costs and what it takes to go fully legit. It's like any other business really so while it might seem like your overhead is low, you are going to want to get certified to fly legally, get insured, get more equipment and market yourself - all of which add up.
If you pound the pavement and start small I'm sure you could book a day a week and eventually work your way up from there. It took us about 2.5 years to really build solid traction from our drone business, and we are now one of the best in Western Canada. That's because we got into it 3 years ago when nobody even knew what an SFOC was.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
defenderschool