Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Best topo survey software?

Reaction score
We have been using Map Pilot on our Inspire 1 but with new OS upgrades and time, it seems to be giving us more and more trouble flying flightlines. Sometimes they just quit in mid-flight. Sometimes we just can't connect to the drone to upload a flight plan. It just seems kind of buggy. Do any of you out there have any feelings about better software for these types of flightline/topo surveys?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.

We have been using Map Pilot on our Inspire 1 but with new OS upgrades and time, it seems to be giving us more and more trouble flying flightlines. Sometimes they just quit in mid-flight. Sometimes we just can't connect to the drone to upload a flight plan. It just seems kind of buggy. Do any of you out there have any feelings about better software for these types of flightline/topo surveys?

Thanks, in advance, for your help.
I've experienced upload bugs with Map Pilot before. It rarely happens and is easily curable. I just make sure the drone is within 10' of the controller, make sure there's nothing in between them and then point the antennas right at the drone (perpendicular in vertical orientation, of course).

As far as holding flight lines, that is probably an Inspire 1 issue. It really doesn't hold accurate flight lines even with DJI's software. I use a P4P for mapping (much better drone for that purpose) and it holds the flight lines perfectly.

If you have a P4P, try using that. The P4P has a better camera than the X3, is more resilient in high winds (holds the line better), and has longer flight times.

D

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cruzamikayla