Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Beware of "Drone Haters" - today I got spat on

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surfers own nothing and always remember that! I had some old surfer dude come up to mean saying that it was a protected area and my quad was interfering with the wildlife. I said really, since I was not flying near any wildlife. He than changed to say we don't want you here. I responded with "really" because I been shooting here and getting amazing responses from all the surfers caught of video and you are the only one that has said something. I just kept flying.

I guess you made the decision you felt was right to mitigate the situation. Glad you made it out of there with no serious injury.

However, it also sickens me that loud-mouth *** clowns who think they have law degrees end up winning in these kinds of situations. This was a PUBLIC beach in the USA, which means I can whip out a camera with a 50X zoom lens and get close-up video of little kids and women in bikinis ALL DAY LONG and there aint a god **** thing anybody can do about it. All these dickweeds walking around shouting about "privacy laws" need to grow some fuckin' brain cells!

As far as being spit on, this is why it's good practice to wear a head-mounted GoPro and ALWAYS keep recording every minute you go flying. You just never know when some jackass is going to come at you, and you can let them know the police will be watching the footage. I don't want to get into a heated debate about carrying a firearm, but for those states that allow open carry then I think it's a good idea, esp. when more people start realizing that an Inspire 1 is a $3,000 machine with a high resale value on Ebay. Many people who rob 7-Eleven's and banks don't get away with that kind of score. For those people not comfortable carrying a gun, then I advise wearing a knife in a holster. Make it conspicuous so that any punk who rolls up on you will clearly see it and give some pause about attacking you unless he wants to feel that cold steel in his gut.

I've also been thinking it might be time for me to get another dog, preferably a German Shepherd or Rottweiler. I havent owned a dog since 2002. Common sense says that any two-bit jerkoff is going to think twice about approaching you in a threatening manner unless he's willing to get some teeth with 500 lbs. of bite force buried in his legs and arms! I remember getting a "love tap" from a German Shepherd after I ran into him with my bike when I was 9 yrs. old and it didnt feel good and he barely snapped at me.

Overall, UAV enthusiasts need to start standing up for our rights to fly our legal machines and not be intimidated by wannabe lawyers with big mouths and empty craniums. We need to be the intimidators. We're on the winning side.

Last edited:
I hate to bring it back up but I just can not imagine someone spitting in my face during a confrontation. It just seems to bizarre that it could ever even get to that point however I also can not imagine just accepting said spit and walking away but like I said, all crazy town to me. For all I know I may just turn into an animal and start throwing feces at him. Guess I have no idea.

Don't know how I missed this until now. I'm sorry to hear about your bad experience. I'm glad you and your Inspire made it out safely!

I am with the surfers. Filming people with out permission is ********. You all dont get it. Drones will be heavily regulated because you all are numb enough to take a machine like the inspire and fly it around people with out permission in public. I am a film maker and I can not film in public with out a permit and releases for everyone on camera. You all need a new hobby.

I am with the surfers. Filming people with out permission is ********. You all dont get it. Drones will be heavily regulated because you all are numb enough to take a machine like the inspire and fly it around people with out permission in public. I am a film maker and I can not film in public with out a permit and releases for everyone on camera. You all need a new hobby.

That's simply not true. Anyone can record images--still or motion--in public without any permits and releases. However, a film crew has to have permits and for good reason. Individuals is another story.

Reactions: sdjackaerial
I am assuming this is for commercial purposes? Why would you put the public at risk for nothing. Filming people with out permission is ********. You all dont get it. Drones will be heavily regulated because you all are numb enough to take a machine like the inspire and fly it around people with out permission in public. You all need a new hobby.
I really wasn't going to respond to this utter drivel...but you're so off base. You say that if it's not commercial, why risk public safety for nothing..so...if it was commercial it would be OK to put people at risk? I can't catch all the goofy fly balls in your statements. Just fun for you to get a rise from people I guess..
No, the shots were not for commercial use. Scenic shots for practice.
And dude, as a supposed filmmaker you should know that you *don't have to / can't / couldn't possibly get* releases for people in the background of your shot. Unless you are talking about a hollywood film where everyone in the background are extras. Seriously, man--this is so silly.
Your negative attitude and trash talk is not welcome here. I recommend you keep these discussions respectful like we were all sitting around a table talking. Don't use the anonymity of a forum thread to talk like a junior high kid and disrespect the good culture of this site. You show up with a user name of "The Jerk"..I guess that kinda says it all. Sit down. Be quiet.

Last edited:
I really wasn't going to respond to this utter drivel...but you're so off base. You say that if it's not commercial, why risk public safety for nothing..so...if it was commercial it would be OK to put people at risk? I can't catch all the goofy fly balls in your statements. Just fun for you to get a rise from people I guess..
No, the shots were not for commercial use. Scenic shots for practice.
And dude, as a supposed filmmaker you should know that you *don't have to / can't / couldn't possibly get* releases for people in the background of your shot. Unless you are talking about a hollywood film where everyone in the background are extras. Seriously, man--this is so silly.
Your negative attitude and trash talk is not welcome here. I recommend you keep these discussions respectful like we were all sitting around a table talking. Don't use the anonymity of a forum thread to talk like a junior high kid and disrespect the good culture of this site. You show up with a user name of "The Jerk"..I guess that kinda says it all. Sit down. Be quiet.

You hit that nail on the head! :cool:

You hit that nail on the head! :cool:
ya, it's like: act like a junior high kid...be treated like one. "Go to the back of the room, and stare at the wall, Billy". Or..."write 500 times on the chalkboard: I will shut up unless I know what I am saying".
Ok, I'll stop.

His name is the jerk guys. Some people want to get a rise out of you. You are just giving him what he wants. Read the signs:
DO NOT FEED THE TROLLS.

ya, it's like: act like a junior high kid...be treated like one. "Go to the back of the room, and stare at the wall, Billy". Or..."write 500 times on the chalkboard: I will shut up unless I know what I am saying".
Ok, I'll stop.

Writing on the blackboard "I will not..." (fill in the blank) was how I learned to write in cursive! Many hours in elementary school were spent before the blackboard writing. Ah, those were the days! :)

Ok guys and gals. We're going to lock this thread. It's been educational, interesting, and humorous.
Great community here.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop