Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Big Video Problem: "flickering"

Reaction score
Hi, I have flickering all the time at straight lines! in every Video Format. When i look the Video on an IMAC it is ok.
But when i cut it in EDIUS 7 pro there is no way to reduce the flickering. I think the Problem: the camera can not record "interlace" just "progressiv" ? But the Gopro has the same 1080P Format and when i make a recording there is not flickering? so the camera is not for professional use and i hope DJI will fix this Problem!!...or has anyone a fix for that Problem?

Hi Hubert, Can you upload the footage and post a link. I suspect it what i like to call roto wash, basically your camera angle is to high. Basically if your shooting outside golden light so midday and a couple hours either side of midday, you need to have about 35' or more angle on your camera otherwise you get the shadows from the propellors hitting your lens.
I find it is more common on my Phantom 2 because the props are that much closer to the camera but i have seen it every now and then on my Inspire if i am not concentrating on the camera angle relative to the sun.

Hope this is a fix...

Reactions: hakaniniman
Hi Roland! No, problem with the propellors. The problem have other People too. When you need the Video material just for PC it is ok, but for professional work like TV or DVD it is no way to reduce this flickering in each Format the inspire camera can record.
Most TV Formats are "interlaced" like 1080 50i.I wrote to DJI. I hope they will fix this otherwise i have to bring bacjk the Inspire to my Dealer...Sorry because the flying is perfect.

What software do you edit in? You should be able to convert the footage in post, i'll have a look with my team tomorrow. Let you know what we come up with. Hopefully DJI can find a simple solution.

If you have a problem it is your editing software that is doing crap, or that is badly configured. We have no problem working with it on the software we use (FCPX/Premiere).

Hi, i edit with EDIUS 7 Pro. As i sad, never had problems with that (Gopro same Format no problem)
The same problem on AVID has another guy who is working for TV...

Sorry, my bad. ha ha.

We have Premiere and FCP. will check it out and let you know asap.

Ok, Thank you...
No i tried this: I put my EDIUS 7 Project to 1280 x 720 25p and now the Picture is OK ?...?

Ok, again: I fix my Problem in that way:
I put my EDIUS Project from 1920 x 1080 50i to 1280 x 720 29p
Than i export my Inspire File in 1920 x 1080 , than i put this file back to my 1920 x 1080 Project and everything is OK!!!
I can see no losings and when i make a DVD the Quality is very good!

Ok, again: I fix my Problem in that way:
I put my EDIUS Project from 1920 x 1080 50i to 1280 x 720 29p
Than i export my Inspire File in 1920 x 1080 , than i put this file back to my 1920 x 1080 Project and everything is OK!!!
I can see no losings and when i make a DVD the Quality is very good!
Yea getting mixed up with you PAL vs. NTSC framerates.

sorry mistake, i put the EDIUS Project to 1280x720 25p, than Export (Grass Valley HQ) to 1920x1080 50i, than turnted the Project back to 1920x108050i in Import the file...

[QUOTE="Hubert Dohr, post: 14820, member: 18499]... i put the EDIUS Project to 1280x720 25p, than Export (Grass Valley HQ) to 1920x1080 50i, than turnted the Project back to 1920x108050i in Import the file...[/QUOTE]

? ? ? o_O ? ? ?

sorry mistake, i put the EDIUS Project to 1280x720 25p, than Export (Grass Valley HQ) to 1920x1080 50i, than turnted the Project back to 1920x108050i in Import the file...
Do you have Grass Valleys 'AVCHD2HQ' converter tool?
If not, download it (it will be free to registered GV/Edius owners and should appear in your users area).
Drag and drop your Inspire footage straight onto it (after setting what parameters you want).
Resultant file will be Edius HQ and whatever online/offline quality you require and can be dropped straight on timeline and will be free of any artifacts etc.
Additionally, if you have a Firecoder board installed it will use dedicated hardware H264 decoding which will be very good quality and very fast.

Hi Roland! No, problem with the propellors. The problem have other People too. When you need the Video material just for PC it is ok, but for professional work like TV or DVD it is no way to reduce this flickering in each Format the inspire camera can record.
Most TV Formats are "interlaced" like 1080 50i.I wrote to DJI. I hope they will fix this otherwise i have to bring bacjk the Inspire to my Dealer...Sorry because the flying is perfect.
I produce 4 tv commercials a week. All commercials in Australia need to be exported progressive. In have used FCP7 for 18 years and just swapped to prem Pro CC. ..no problem with flickering but I do down convert the inspire 4k to 1080p before I import into the timeline.

If you have a problem it is your editing software that is doing crap, or that is badly configured. We have no problem working with it on the software we use (FCPX/Premiere).
I agree. I have had no problem working with FCP7 or Prem ProCC. I do however down convert the 4k files to 1080p for the timeline. I suspect the 4k footage could flicker in the timeline otherwise but why do that? convert.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
engko