Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bottom left Prop laggard

I wouldn't worry about it.
If you look, your right front prop appears to idle faster than your left rear.
All motors will constantly change speed depending on what the IMU tells the flight controller to do. Don't forget you are not actually flying these machines, the flight controller is.
As soon as you apply throttle, the IMU senses the slight change in attitude of the aircraft and will apply a little more thrust to the rear left motor.
You might want to try an IMU calibration but more than that I would not concern yourself. :)
I know when I can’t compete.

With you, I know when to take the back seat.

10:4, much respect for your handle.

To add a little more to the expertly explained RPM changes.

The launch position appears nose low. With neutral pitch & roll stick input, the aircraft's flight controller will lift the front first and potentially oscillate momentarily as the aircraft attitude is forced to change by ground contact during liftoff. The rear legs are supporting the aircraft to some extent until they no longer bear any weight. The similar oscillation can be caused on a hovering aircraft by bumping it on any axis. It'll take a moment for the FC to react.

Last edited:
Reactions: slim.slamma
One nice tool to have in the box is a can of compressed air, sometimes you can use this as preventative maintenance by spraying into the motor vents to dislodge debris which might have gotten in. This can also be used to dust off the lens surface without making contact.

I often hand spin my motors with and without props installed to see if one spins less freely than the other or more resistance is encountered. To date I have not found any problem, but I am training my hands to remember this data point and someday it might just save me from a mid flight issue. Not OCD just preventive maintenance.

Reactions: g36pilot
One nice tool to have in the box is a can of compressed air, sometimes you can use this as preventative maintenance by spraying into the motor vents to dislodge debris which might have gotten in. This can also be used to dust off the lens surface without making contact.

I often hand spin my motors with and without props installed to see if one spins less freely than the other or more resistance is encountered. To date I have not found any problem, but I am training my hands to remember this data point and someday it might just save me from a mid flight issue. Not OCD just preventive maintenance.

Good advice FlyaDrone.

One travel tip I picked up from Joshua Bardwell in the quad community is to gently cycle the pitch/roll stick prior to adding throttle for the first flight of the day. A wrong direction/mis-installed prop (and possibly other issues) will reveal itself in a safe manner at idle instead of turning your craft into The Tasmanian Devil during takeoff.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GRQLarae44