Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Bracketed/Exposure Fusion Photos of the Beach

Reaction score
Just wanted to share some photos from a recent shoot of some of our beach rental properties.

Shot in Log, exposure settings on full auto, used 5 bracketed shots merged using Exposure Fusion, natural using HDRSoft's Photomatrix 5.

The first one is in Panama City Beach, FL and the second is in South Walton, FL (30A).

image.jpg image.jpg

If I tell you how great they look can I get a couple of free nights?! You said you used log. Did you mean dng? I cannot get the 5 shot to work for me at all, and I can only get the 3 shot to work if I am set to jpeg. Any suggestions?

If I tell you how great they look can I get a couple of free nights?! You said you used log. Did you mean dng? I cannot get the 5 shot to work for me at all, and I can only get the 3 shot to work if I am set to jpeg. Any suggestions?

Haha!!

I always shoot in jpg and raw (dng), but i always use the jpg version for my edits since I'm just merging the photos.

I could use raw, but jpgs process quicker.

I use the log color profile - it's super flat. But I've found that's the best one to eliminate all noise. I drop the contrast to nothing and sharpness to -1 (I think).

Sometimes (like right now, after seeing your pics), I wish I weren't in a land-locked state. Really beautiful shots!

No Camera, including a DLSR pro/consumer level, will take bracketed photos in raw or DNG, it's jpeg only I'm afraid.

No Camera, including a DLSR pro/consumer level, will take bracketed photos in raw or DNG, it's jpeg only I'm afraid.

Are you sure?

I'm not using them, but I have the inspire setup to take jpg and raw in bracketed photos and it seems like it's doing the bracketed shots in addition to the jpgs.

Reference this screen shot from Lightroom where I imported them.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 8.42.18 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2015-04-27 at 8.42.18 PM.png
    3 MB · Views: 39
I frequently do bracketed shots and from Inspire 1 I only use .dng..
They are at 20-25MB each.

Don't know what I did differently today, but finally got the 3 & 5 shot bracketing to work correctly with both jpeg and dng! This is a 5 shot example.
View attachment 1445

what was different this time also is the inspire compressing the files it self I ask this because I am shooting in bracket mode 5 shots. For example today took 6 phots the app shows I have 30 photos taken go home and put it on the computer and only show one JPEG and one dng

Edit : think I figured it out if you use the shutter button on the app it will take all 5 or 3 photos at least this is what worked for me I always use the shutter button on the remote so I'm thinking the remote is good for just single shots

Last edited:
Just wanted to share some photos from a recent shoot of some of our beach rental properties.

Shot in Log, exposure settings on full auto, used 5 bracketed shots merged using Exposure Fusion, natural using HDRSoft's Photomatrix 5.

The first one is in Panama City Beach, FL and the second is in South Walton, FL (30A).

View attachment 1374 View attachment 1375
I did not know that the inspire could do bracketed shots
Can you tell me how to do that?

Hold down the shutter button on the app and the menus will pop open and it will be the 3rd opinion down click it and it will give you the option for 3 or 5 shots

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    380.6 KB · Views: 12
@The Editor is correct. I merged them using the Exposure Fusion setting in HDR Soft's Photomatrix Pro 5 and increased the vibrance, sharpness, contrast and tweaked some other things in photoshop.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela