Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera gimbal rotation limited... why?

Reaction score
I'm presuming its not just ours, but (in dual op mode at least) the gimbal will only do 2 rotations in any direction, then you have to wind it back!
Not a problem really for most shots, but we were doing a slow spin shot facing 180 deg down as ascending above a building today and caught us out! You can get 4 rotations if you wind it 2 turns in the opposite direction and start from there!

Just thought it odd that it would be limited at all... Or maybe them Dji Geniuses have missed a trick! (or maybe I have!)

It's probably because the Inspire gimbal does not have slip rings like other Zenmuse offerings have.

That would make sense. You'd think they'd have sliprings like other Zenmuse, but maybe production cost factors I guess. Or a feature of the next model release!
Thanks!

See the number of contacts on the gimbal connector, you won't find a slipring with that many anywhere, or it would be bigger than the whole gimbal.

Minor downside of having full manual control, HD downlink, data connection for downloading images etc I guess...

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela