Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera top facing forward

Reaction score
Hi
I´m using Ugcs One to plan my mission. I´m not sure how the function "camera top facing forward" on the Photogrammetrytool works and if it will be better maps or opposite to use it? What I can see is that it be more WP and photos on the same area without it.

Hi, in case of Inspire this flag should be checked.
From user manual:
Camera top facing forward – concerns the camera orientation to the motion vector. If the flag is
set, then it is assumed that the camera is oriented so that the frames overlap over the upper frame
boundary motion vector. If the flag is removed, then the frames overlap along the lateral frame
boundary.

Reactions: Inspiredbydji
Hi, in case of Inspire this flag should be checked.
From user manual:
Camera top facing forward – concerns the camera orientation to the motion vector. If the flag is
set, then it is assumed that the camera is oriented so that the frames overlap over the upper frame
boundary motion vector. If the flag is removed, then the frames overlap along the lateral frame
boundary.
Hi Alex and tnx for respond. Yes that´s what the manual says, but does the map getting any benefits from unchecked vs checked?

Hi,
This flag should reflect real direction of the camera relative to the direction of flight.
For almost all copters it should be checked if copter will fly in normal direction on survey lines. But in some cases, for example mapping of narrow corridor or power line, you can instruct your copter to fly sideways and clear this flag. In such case you will get much less photos with same overlapping.

If you dont have this checked your gimbal can rotate which will make the images not square to the direction you are flying which will negatively effect your overlap. I check this box and also lock the gimbal to FPV in djigo before launching UGCS.

Hi,
This flag should reflect real direction of the camera relative to the direction of flight.
For almost all copters it should be checked if copter will fly in normal direction on survey lines. But in some cases, for example mapping of narrow corridor or power line, you can instruct your copter to fly sideways and clear this flag. In such case you will get much less photos with same overlapping.
Tnx :)

If you dont have this checked your gimbal can rotate which will make the images not square to the direction you are flying which will negatively effect your overlap. I check this box and also lock the gimbal to FPV in djigo before launching UGCS.
Tnx :)

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
marve84