Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Camera view, intermittent problem

Reaction score
Website
www.photoimagerie.com
In some flights yesterday with my Inspire 1 Pro, X5, after starting the battery, I had no camera view in the Go App (or Autopilot) but I could move the Gimbal, start & stop the motors.
The issue was intermittent, I had completed 2 flights beforehand without any problem. I tried to relink the RC to the Inspire, no change. I switched everything off and rebooted, no change. I tried another battery, no change. I recharged the RC and after 45 mins used a different battery and it worked perfectly. The problem reappeared again later but after a short break it again worked perfectly. All the firmware/software is up to date including the latest iOS in my iPad Pro 9.7. I have 2xI1’s, this one is only 4 mths old but never had this issue before.

Heathy Drones indicated zero Signal Strength for all the cases where the camera view failed.

My only thought is a bad or dirty connection on the battery or Inspire?

Anyone else had this issue lately & any thoughts on the problem pls?

Well the iOS is the only thing that’s changed since several long sessions but Healty Drones indicates No Signal for these events which would indicate a telemetry problem between the Inspire & RC. I did see in other Threats that telemetry problems could be caused by cell phone interference. My iPad is cellular. Maybe switching iPad & iPhone to airplane mode could help?

Well the iOS is the only thing that’s changed since several long sessions but Healty Drones indicates No Signal for these events which would indicate a telemetry problem between the Inspire & RC. I did see in other Threats that telemetry problems could be caused by cell phone interference. My iPad is cellular. Maybe switching iPad & iPhone to airplane mode could help?
There seems to be a communication issue between the app and rc and bird. The first 3.1.15 app version I installed on my mini 4 gave me the flight restrictions. A few weeks later I uninstalled and reinstalled the app. This time I had a grey screen when trying to film in 4K at 30fps but not other settings and had compass errors coming up on the screen but was watching the compass in flight and nothing changed to actually bring up a compass error. Uninstalled and reinstalled app again and it was back to having the flight restrictions but no problems with camera or compass errors this time. There’s some bugs in the 3.1.15 app and dji seems like they are just trying to put a band aid on it when they really need to wipe the slate clean and start over from scratch and get rid of all the bloatware in the app. Fly in airplane mode. Doubt it’ll cure the problem but it’ll take one more thing out of the equation of things to cause problems. Also try manual channel for image transmission and lower the mbps rate down to 6 or 8 mbps.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo