Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can anyone help with this?

RPQs ... I am based in Newcastle but my assesment is in Gloucester as it is the only place in the UK that RPQ can do night flights.

Hopefully my PFAW is in my hand by middle May.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, best of luck, is the night assessment an addition to your existing PFAW? I did mine like you in Gloucester (Cotswold Airport?), from the Flight Assessment to PFAW took me 6wks and I got mine a bit quicker than others. Best of Luck. Mark

Ouch - that's a bit of a journey.
NIGHT FLIGHTS?????
Now you have confused me!!!! How/when are the CAA granting PFAW for sub 7gk aircraft/SUAV for night flights????
:eek:

Yes I believe Resource Group have been doing them for a while. More £££.

OK, thanks for that, I need to check that out.
I've seen the bulletins on substitution of sub 7kg craft without the need for further flight assessments (although some NQE's are trying it on still :rolleyes:)
I've also seen a relaxing of CAOSC but not night flights :)
Thanks for that.....
But....you still owe me a beer!!!! :p

Yes agree, hopefully you'll won't need a new flight assessment for a P3 if you already have a P2 or likewise one for the I2 if you have an I1.

Yes the relaxing was a good move by the CAA IMHO.
Cheers Mark

Hi, best of luck, is the night assessment an addition to your existing PFAW? I did mine like you in Gloucester (Cotswold Airport?), from the Flight Assessment to PFAW took me 6wks and I got mine a bit quicker than others. Best of Luck. Mark

I have my daytime assessment at 6pm then my night assessment at 8:30pm so basically two assessments on the same day. My Ops manual and my FRC's refer to the night flight processes and emergency procedures. I am hoping that both permissions fly through.

Yeah it's in Jackaments Barn... Got to admit, now I am nervous... Any tips? Any gotchas to be aware of?

By the way, thank you to all for your best wishes... I am hoping it all goes to plan! Especially now the editor has fixed my travel mode issue :)

Reactions: The Editor
I have my daytime assessment at 6pm then my night assessment at 8:30pm so basically two assessments on the same day. My Ops manual and my FRC's refer to the night flight processes and emergency procedures. I am hoping that both permissions fly through.

Yeah it's in Jackaments Barn... Got to admit, now I am nervous... Any tips? Any gotchas to be aware of?

Hi, you'll be fine as long as you can fly. :) Seriously though fly big figures of 8, do some pre-survey stuff before you go, the airport has a good website, plenty on info there. Good luck.

Long drive there and back, but I am glad to say I have passed both the day and night assessment .... Thank god. Now I'm qualified... Next step PFAW.

Long drive there and back, but I am glad to say I have passed both the day and night assessment .... Thank god. Now I'm qualified... Next step PFAW.

Congrats, now get your OPS manual in ASAP if you haven't already, and ask for an SRG 1320 (8 page form for the CAA), then once all the paperwork's sent to the CAA it take about 6wks to get your PFAW.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AlberthaLo