Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can one controller "take over" from another controller ??

Reaction score
I'm thinking about buying an Inspire 1 in the next couple weeks.

I'm curious about "Dual Operator Mode". I know that a 2nd controller can be used to independently operate the camera gimbal, but is there a way to have a Slave controller take over full control from a Master controller?

I plan on using the Inspire to help my Dad scout for game animals this spring since he is an avid hunter. We were thinking it'd be cool if I was in one location flying the Inspire while he was standing in a different location maybe half a mile away or more. Then, I would fly the Inspire towards him and when it got close, he would take over control functions with his transmitter. We could cover a lot more ground this way when scouting large rural areas for animals. This also greatly alleviates the problem of signal-blocking objects like trees when flying long distance from the takeoff point.

I know this would be possible with my Vision+ but my Dad would have to land the Vision+ at his location and press the Link button on the bottom of the bird to connect to his controller.

I think it would be a really cool feature to have two transmitters easily switch control of the Inspire by just pressing an icon inside the app. This would come in handy during commercial training sessions where an instructor could quickly take over control of the Inspire without having to grab the primary controller from the student's hands, especially if they are not located within close proximity to each other.

Reactions: BrianRHoff
I'm thinking about buying an Inspire 1 in the next couple weeks.

I'm curious about "Dual Operator Mode". I know that a 2nd controller can be used to independently operate the camera gimbal, but is there a way to have a Slave controller take over full control from a Master controller?

I plan on using the Inspire to help my Dad scout for game animals this spring since he is an avid hunter. We were thinking it'd be cool if I was in one location flying the Inspire while he was standing in a different location maybe half a mile away or more. Then, I would fly the Inspire towards him and when it got close, he would take over control functions with his transmitter. We could cover a lot more ground this way when scouting large rural areas for animals. This also greatly alleviates the problem of signal-blocking objects like trees when flying long distance from the takeoff point.

I know this would be possible with my Vision+ but my Dad would have to land the Vision+ at his location and press the Link button on the bottom of the bird to connect to his controller.

I think it would be a really cool feature to have two transmitters easily switch control of the Inspire by just pressing an icon inside the app. This would come in handy during commercial training sessions where an instructor could quickly take over control of the Inspire without having to grab the primary controller from the student's hands, especially if they are not located within close proximity to each other.

Nothing on this?

The inspire one can only have one Main controller binded to it, same as the Phantom line. The only way your dad would be able to take control of the Inspire would be to land it, bind the new controller, and then take off again.

For any hunters thinking of doing this. Perhaps ok off season, but most state wildlife rules prohibit the assistance of drones in hunting. Besides violating most conservation ethics of “fair pursuit”. Just saying...

Reactions: RMG1
I believe “Coach mode” is available with the Inspire 1...but the secondary controller must be close to the primary one...

The slave (secondary) unit communicates with the master (primary) RC, not the aircraft.

This mode is used for training someone to fly.

Reactions: Mixchief
Rangemaster728 is right. Needs to be more recent software. Here’s the DJI Video.

Guys - this thread is nearly three years old and the OP hasn't logged on for over two years so I think it's a bit of a necro thread. :)

The inspire one can only have one Main controller binded to it, same as the Phantom line. The only way your dad would be able to take control of the Inspire would be to land it, bind the new controller, and then take off again.

I agree with this:)

The value of tribal knowledge....and not killing a necro-post lol...

One of the features of the Tapatalk App is it shows recent posts; but it’s not immediately obvious WHEN the thread started.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Melodee207