Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can you force charge Inspire 2 batteries?

Reaction score
With the Inspire 1 you could force a charge a battery over 95% charged. Can you do the same with Inspire 2 batteries?

I've managed to get mine in a pickle by messing up my pairs so they aren't evenly charged (although within a couple of percent), but can't get them to charge S they are over 95%. Or shouldn't I worry about it?

With the Inspire 1 you could force a charge a battery over 95% charged. Can you do the same with Inspire 2 batteries?

I've managed to get mine in a pickle by messing up my pairs so they aren't evenly charged (although within a couple of percent), but can't get them to charge S they are over 95%. Or shouldn't I worry about it?

I tried to force charge them at 95% with no luck. I did have success in topping them off only after bringing them down to 89%. There must be some sort of threshold around 90%, my guess is that some one will create a discharger rapid charger soon.

You can force charge Inspire 1 batteries (Although it's not recommended) Not sure if it works on I2 packs too. Pull the battery from the aircraft, Turn it ON, then connect to charger, wait up to 10 seconds for it to start charging.

When you remove the battery from the I2 pressing the power button on the battery doesn't do the same as for the I1. It only shows current charge state or turns on the heater. I can find no way to turn it on other than when i insert the charge cable for the R/C

If they are close enough for the I2 not to complain about them being mismatched then you'll find it will even them out during the flight.

If it does complain then leave the I2 powered on for a few mins and you'' see it is pulling power from the higher charged pack so they will eventually level out enough to fly, or to simply recharge as a pair.

Reactions: Ftolino and Dr Jon

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
linkyssmartwi-fi