Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Can't see camera on display

Reaction score
need help

I set up my new insphire 2 today.

After much hassle I got it flying.

No matter what I tried I can see the small fpv camera on the bottom right ok, but my x5 camera will not display, it's just black.

When I take a picture and look at it in playback it has taken a crisp picture, I just cannot see the camera real time on the iPad.

Any tips; all firmware up to date.

Highly doubt your mini is capable of image transmission.

Yet another *clap* for dji advertising the mini as compatible.

Isn't there done lawyer in here who can touch on false advertisement issues with this???!!!

Derekwj37, I wish you luck my friend.

I had a mini 2 that wasn't powerful enough to fly
my Inspire 1 with. Although the official dji site says it's totally compatible!

Apologies if these are way to simple.... Couple of things to try first off before presuming camera is not working:

1. You have taken the lens cap off haven't you ;)
  2. Make sure the camera is set to auto exposure, or that you've manually set a correct exposure that doesn't way way under expose the image. Click on the camera settings button under the shutter button on the DJI Go screen and tap on the Auto selection (others are usually S for shutter, A for aperture and M for manual..)
I've sometimes set manual mode and forgotten to reset the shutter speed, aperture and ISO between shoots and thought 'where the heck's the camera picture...!?! Oh doh.. manual mode again!' When starting up next time ;) :D

Reactions: Advexure
I have seen this with the recent firmware when using nd filters. If you start the I2 up with too much ND no image will transmit until I take the ND off then put it back on. The funny thing is the screen is black but the histogram still works and you can take pics or video you just don't see it live.
So I can only suggest removing any filters and see if that fixes the issue.

My experience 2 and 4 no longer cut it. I'm returning the four to get a pro 9.7 or an android

Being an Android lover I regret to say that in my experience iOS performs much better for me. I switched from the Samsung pro tablets to iPad Air 2 about 6 months ago, I haven't regretted it.

Being an Android lover I regret to say that in my experience iOS performs much better for me. I switched from the Samsung pro tablets to iPad Air 2 about 6 months ago, I haven't regretted it.

Everything I own is apple I feel your pain

I had the same problem when I first got my I2, thought it was a hardware issue with the X5S and spent a while on the phone with DJI trying to trouble shoot it. After uninstalling, then re-installing the I2/remote firmwares it began working, haven't had any issues since. Hope this'll help!

I would shure love if the firmware trick you tried works with the x4s having almost the same problem. Gimbal works just no video after replaceing the vibration connector. freaking out thinking that the camera is damaged... Ill post new post on this if the firmware does or doesn't work.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Gabriela