Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Capture software for M210

Reaction score
I have been advised directly by PIX4D that they currently do not, and have no future plans to allow PIX4D Capture app to work with the M210. That sounds rather strange to say the least - but they are sticking with that story so far......, so I am asking if anyone knows of another current capture app that will control the M210 flight and camera for aerial photogrammetry work (image stitching and ortho rectify) per PIX4D Mapper software?

Android solutions only please - DJI Groundstation Pro for example is Apple only.
Thanks

When you consider the M2xx is for this type of work, I find it very strange that one of the main players would comment this way! Pix4d are a very strange company however!

Reactions: Advexure
We have been in communication with our channels at Pix4D regarding M200 compatibility and it's a work in process. Will report back soon with an update.

Last edited:
When you consider the M2xx is for this type of work, I find it very strange that one of the main players would comment this way! Pix4d are a very strange company however!

My sentiment exactly, I waited 6 months for the 210 to actually become available, spent a few thousand bucks so far in enterprise level PIX4D mapper (monthly) only to find out that what seems to be (one of) the best industry specific aircraft for our world (industrial level surveying and mapping) is somehow off the list.

I am not a conspiracy theorist, but somethings up....or someone's asleep.

Update from Pix4D – They will support the M200 series, specifics cannot yet be shared but it is safe to assume that images can be processed in Pix4D Mapper Pro at launch and all encoded information can be utilized that is available in the images. Mission planning / flight controller (Pix4D Capture) should be available for use with the M200 soon after widespread availability of the platform.

Update from Pix4D – They will support the M200 series, specifics cannot yet be shared but it is safe to assume that images can be processed in Pix4D Mapper Pro at launch and all encoded information can be utilized that is available in the images. Mission planning / flight controller (Pix4D Capture) should be available for use with the M200 soon after widespread availability of the platform.

Yes, I don't think Mapper really cares about the M210 in terms of aerial photo processing - even if you manually flew around a shot a dense enough photo image matrix with sufficient overlap. The crux seems to be Capture - which is a very nice tool to integrate directly with Mapper Pro. Did they share any sense of timing other than "soon after widespread availability"? That seems like a hedge for it may be months....I fly weekly.

So back to my original question - anyone else have a capture app specific to aerial photogrammetery that works with the M210?

To be fair, I don't want to set such a negative tone, because we really like PIX4D, its great software. And...thank you Advexure for digging into this. Much appreciated!

DJI is a very strang company too... I2 won't go to the XT thermal camera either... They must not need the business...That means I have to save for the M210 and throw the I2 in the trash.

To be fair, I don't want to set such a negative tone, because we really like PIX4D, its great software.
I prefer a number of other packages which are a lot more flexible (in my humble opinion) the Pix4D, for example Agisoft Photoscan Pro (although not as friendly insofar as GUI and tutorials, etc) is an extremely powerful package which we can use in the field post flight for a very quick calculation to check site- then back in the office you can use much more in depth settings to complete very comprehensive analysis, all off-line which our clients have to have.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
klrshopfitters