Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Car Charger for DJI Inspire 1, charge 3 batteries at the same time

DJI Inspire 1

• DJI Inspire 1 charger

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • DJI Inspire 1 car charger

Votes: 5 100.0%

• Total voters
Reaction score
I found a charger on Amazon incidentally, descriptions state the charger can charge 3 batteries at the same time -80-100 mins, anyone tried thi before?

I don't see any reviews.. I'd be interested. I just bought a Stanley inverter that will charge the controller but not the battery.

I don't see any reviews.. I'd be interested. I just bought a Stanley inverter that will charge the controller but not the battery.

It only claims to produce 4 amps. Roughly what the 100W charger produces. That is enough to charge one battery in the 100W time frame assuming the voltage doesn't fall off under load, or low input conditions. 3 batteries will take 3 times as long. Even if the device could produce more current, the 100 Watt limit of most vehicle accessory power ports would be grossly exceeded.

It only claims to produce 4 amps. Roughly what the 100W charger produces. That is enough to charge one battery in the 100W time frame assuming the voltage doesn't fall off under load, or low input conditions. 3 batteries will take 3 times as long. Even if the device could produce more current, the 100 Watt limit of most vehicle accessory power ports would be grossly exceeded.

Hi,
I inquired the seller about this, he replied me that the output and input are
12V 3A and 12V 9A for each single charge port, they tested this charger before, full time is about 100 mins, I will try it.

No where in the Amazon listing does it say that it is compatible with the DJI Inspire 1...it only lists Phantoms.

Hi,
I inquired the seller about this, he replied me that the output and input are
12V 3A and 12V 9A for each single charge port, they tested this charger before, full time is about 100 mins, I will try it.

The Inspire batteries are 26V. This device is not compatible at all with the inspire.

So we're back to square one. Are there any car chargers for the Inspire batteries?

I thought it was established that the regular house charger needs a minimum of 110V * 1.4A = 154W which is very close to the max of what a regular cigarette lighter will handle without blowing a fuse if going through an inverter. No?

Very possibly true, not sure. My inverter is wired direct. You can get suitable inverters and wire them in direct to the battery or put alligator clips on it for temporary portable use if you need.

I thought it was established that the regular house charger needs a minimum of 110V * 1.4A = 154W which is very close to the max of what a regular cigarette lighter will handle without blowing a fuse if going through an inverter. No?
A cigarette lighter does not have enough power to charge even one battery. You will likely keep blowing the fuse.

You will have to wire the inverter directly to the battery as SultanGris mentions (make sure you use large wire - low gauge number).

Also, i have done a lot of research on this and it is much better to use a "Pure Sine Wave" inverter rather than a "Modified Sine Wave" inverter. If it doesn't explicitly say "Pure Sine Wave" on the box then it is likely a "Modified Sine Wave".

The last thing is that even charging one TB48 battery will kill your car battery pretty quickly so basically the vehicle needs to be running and preferably not at idle.

I have considered getting a small portable gas generator.

Be sure to check the specifications of your automobile on the "cigarette lighter" before going the direct-wired route. For example, in my 2000 Jeep Cherokee, it's not a "cigarette lighter", but a "power outlet" rated for 20 amps at 12 volts. Yes, it has the same physical configuration as a cigarette lighter, but it's not just a cigarette lighter.

As well, the "ash tray" is plastic and has a no-smoking symbol on it!

mTp

Be sure to check the specifications of your automobile on the "cigarette lighter" before going the direct-wired route. For example, in my 2000 Jeep Cherokee, it's not a "cigarette lighter", but a "power outlet" rated for 20 amps at 12 volts. Yes, it has the same physical configuration as a cigarette lighter, but it's not just a cigarette lighter.

As well, the "ash tray" is plastic and has a no-smoking symbol on it!

mTp
very good point.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop