Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Carbon Fiber 14x4.8 props for Inspire v2?

Reaction score
I can´t find a Carbon fiber 14x4.8 prop set for inspire v2. Anyone can recomend an special model or manufacturer?

I can´t find a Carbon fiber 14x4.8 prop set for inspire v2. Anyone can recomend an special model or manufacturer?

Where are you looking? I typed your exact words into Google
https://www.google.com/search?site=...5.2.2.0....0...1c..64.hp..0.0.0.0.pDJmxfIaaR4

I just put a set on my inspire last week, they are phenomenal, you will love them.
These are the adaptors I used, they are awesome, reasonably priced, took less than 2 minutes to install DJI Inspire 1 Adapter Plate for T- Motor CF Props Set (4pcs)

Reactions: Kingfisheraerial
FWIW, if you want something you can trust, I would stick with the OEM props. Trusting some aftermarket product to carry your $3000 + investment is risky, no sense in trying to fix what isn't broken.

Purchased my carbon fiber Tprops and Lyn Phan adapters from Ralph at FlyHighUSA.com and they work great! Better response and more stability. They also handle the wind much better. Thanks Ralph for helping us upgrade to more professional props!!

Detailed performance results would be hard to measure but what I can tell you is the response seems quicker and the peace of mind knowing you have carbon fiber props holding your bird in the air vs. plastic props which can suffer hairline cracks then catastrophic failure is enough for me to spend the money.

Reactions: Daniel Abdallah
carbon fiber props holding your bird in the air vs. plastic props which can suffer hairline cracks then catastrophic failure is enough for me to spend the money.

Don't kid yourself, carbon props can suffer the same catastrophic failures. Inspect each for possible failures. The main advantage in CF props is their stiffer and don't flex as much as the plastic props.

Last edited:
I see they can spin on with the adaptors but what locks them in place when active braking kicks in

Last edited:
Yes you are correct they could suffer the same failures but overall the chances will be less. So I was able to fly 14 flights with the new props and they are amazing, the response is much much better. Very responsive and I am very pleased.

Canuck32
Nope, carbon fiber props do not suffer from crack fractures plastic blades do. If you don't have them I can see why you take that position.

Reactions: Daniel Abdallah
Actually I do have 14x4.8 t motor CF props on my inspire and have been using CF props for years on my other RC equip.
And though you think they don't actually CF is possible to get hairline cracks and delaminations that can grow into catastrophic failures quite quickly.

I still prefer the CF to the plastic props that DJI has

How tight should you tighten the Lyn Phan adapters, I understand they are self fighting but there still should be some level of tightening without hurting the bird or motor housing. I understand there is some commen sense involved but someone with past experience typically has some good operating experience. Any help would be appreciated.

How tight should you tighten the Lyn Phan adapters, I understand they are self fighting but there still should be some level of tightening without hurting the bird or motor housing. I understand there is some commen sense involved but someone with past experience typically has some good operating experience. Any help would be appreciated.

Hand tighten them thoroughly. Don't go overboard but make sure that they are snug. You will see some grooves on the top of the motor from tightening which is perfectly fine.

Ok that is what I have been doing but in the back of your mind you have that horrible feeling of a large investment falling from the sky because you didn't tighten enough. I will tell you the performance is outstanding in comparison. I have flown them all weekend and you can really tell the difference

I just tried out my T-motor 1448's this weekend too. The inspire does seem more responsive with these blades. They are a bit quieter, especially when the brakes engage violently when you switch directions or let go of the stick.

What I noticed was that it accelerated faster. It used to take me quite a while to crawl up to 20m/s, now I can get to 22m/s in half the time it used to take me to get to 20m/s. I am using the dronehi.re adapters, as I found the Lynh Pham adapters a bit overpriced for a little pieces of CNC'd aluminum. If you do make the switch, whatever adapter you want to use (there are some ones made by stein-elektronik.de that are nice and work as well), just keep the threads clean and snug them on. I found all four props almost difficult to get off after just 6 minutes of flight.

Is it totally 100% worth it over the stock props? No way, the difference is definitely there but it's not really life-changing, for example I couldn't agree that it makes the inspire "more stable" than the stock props do, maybe only because it's quieter in strong winds and doesn't sound like a bee's nest being tumbled in a washing machine. I find it adds to prep and take-down time because the stock DJI's are much faster and easier to install and remove. It's way more expensive than the stock props, you could buy so many stock props for the price of one of the T motor ones. That being said, I do like them and will keep using them. Maybe if the adapters and the CF props didn't cost so much it would be a no-brainer but at these prices, I would think twice.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RuslanmuG