Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Casual non-commercial flying?

Reaction score
Hi to my USA brothers and sisters. I am a qualified UAV pilot with permission for commercial operation. I'm coming over to tour West USA and was thinking of bringing my Mavic with me to do some fun flying for non commercial family stuff. What is the situation with FAA with regards to just up and flying (safely of course)?

Hi to my USA brothers and sisters. I am a qualified UAV pilot with permission for commercial operation. I'm coming over to tour West USA and was thinking of bringing my Mavic with me to do some fun flying for non commercial family stuff. What is the situation with FAA with regards to just up and flying (safely of course)?

In the USA you need to stay under 400 ft AGL, avoid flying over people, and have your bird registered through FAA ($5 through FAA website).

Pretty minimal steps for recreational flying, just use common sense! Enjoy the trip!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Zap222
In the USA you need to stay under 400 ft AGL, avoid flying over people, and have your bird registered through FAA ($5 through FAA website).

Pretty minimal steps for recreational flying, just use common sense! Enjoy the trip!

Thanks Brendan

107 certification isn't necessary? I'm so confused on who & why part 107 certification is needed??

107 certification isn't necessary? I'm so confused on who & why part 107 certification is needed??

107 certification is for making money off your drone (any commercial activity).

So if you are not charging for your flying, no 107 is needed. See link below for general info around "recreational" flying.

Recreational Users | Know Before You Fly

Brendan

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kurskmvah