Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Certificated Pilots beware

Reaction score
Website
airtaccavs.com
I work for a major ground and simulator flight training company. I brought in my I1 and of course I was the talk of the town. Many wanted to see it, some wanted me to fly it in the building. Didn't do for fear of setting off control tower alerts since we are located right on Hartsfield-Jackson International Airport. Another conversation began about FAA enforcement of AC 91-57, Model Aircraft Operating Standards. In our discussion it was brought up that those who operate a rc in a nonconfirming manner could not only be fined, but action code be taken against any and all certficates and ratings held. Any further read out on that?

bottom line is the FAA considers the UAV to be an aircraft, if you violate NAS, your ratings are at risk. more so than for a non-pilot as you cant defend yourself as if you do not understand the rules. under 400' in Class G airspace at this point is the only safe haven. There are no rules for flying indoors...
contact me through www.nextgenuav.com if you need any further clarification, i would be happy to help.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BobbyeriGop