Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Charging Inspire 2 In A Car

I'm very surprised it has not been commented on previously in this thread but the regular DJI Inspire 2 Car Charger is the easiest option for car charging and probably the safest for your batteries.
I have to say I agree - surly this must be the quickest and easiest option rather than 240v inverters and the like! Looks like it has all the regulation circuits etc in the lead so easy!

You will have to connect to the battery directly! Just wired up 6 gauge (minimum) wire to the inside. I have a True Sine Wave Inverter. I also put a 250 amp Alternator in my suburban. At Idle, I can run 2 I2 chargers, with 4 batts & 1 remote, 1 P4P 3 pole charger with 3 batts & 1 remote & it all pulls 600 watts. I also connected my Cobra 800 watt inverter & that works fine with all this stuff.

Anyone with an electric car i.e. Tesla Model Y have a solution?
Also with the inverters - why go to AC then back to DC? Seems like an extra conversion when it seems DC to DC would be simpler no?

Also with the inverters - why go to AC then back to DC? Seems like an extra conversion when it seems DC to DC would be simpler no?

DC to DC would be simpler, and the DJI car charger can do that, but there are not many solutions/options for doing that with 2/3 charging ports like some of us want to do, and an inverter gives you more options for powering other AC-based devices if needed.

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
annettekirtont