Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Charging with CellPro charger

Reaction score
So, as my collection of different DJI batteries starts to mount, I decided to ask this group-does anyone make and are people using other types of chargers besides the stock DJI chargers?
I used to fly electric RC planes-I gave those up but since I had so many batteries for other RC planes and I like bling, I broke down and purchased a custom charging rig from Progressive RC with a 48V power supply, PowerLab8 Duo CellPro charger, and a CellPro Bump controller. Since it does balancing and lets me charge up to 1344W of batteries at a time with up to two different cell counts (parallel charging), I just wondered if anyone is trying anything in the world of chargers and charging batteries.

I have seen a Yuneec charge adaptor that would work with the CellPro and a parallel board-including all the balancing connections.

I'm not excited about trashing my batteries, but then again I'm not excitied about waiting sooooo long for Mavic, Inspire 2 and Yuneec batteries to charge on their respective stock chargers.

Thanks in advance for guidance.

Reactions: ChrisG333
So, as my collection of different DJI batteries starts to mount, I decided to ask this group-does anyone make and are people using other types of chargers besides the stock DJI chargers?
I used to fly electric RC planes-I gave those up but since I had so many batteries for other RC planes and I like bling, I broke down and purchased a custom charging rig from Progressive RC with a 48V power supply, PowerLab8 Duo CellPro charger, and a CellPro Bump controller. Since it does balancing and lets me charge up to 1344W of batteries at a time with up to two different cell counts (parallel charging), I just wondered if anyone is trying anything in the world of chargers and charging batteries.

I have seen a Yuneec charge adaptor that would work with the CellPro and a parallel board-including all the balancing connections.

I'm not excited about trashing my batteries, but then again I'm not excitied about waiting sooooo long for Mavic, Inspire 2 and Yuneec batteries to charge on their respective stock chargers.

Thanks in advance for guidance.
Don't forget, all the DJI power bricks are nothing more than power supplies - they are NOT chargers.
Charging and cell balancing are done internally in the pack itself.
CellPro make excellent chargers (I have two) but they are designed to be connected not only to the output connectors but also via the balance board to the individual cells.
There is no way to do this on the DJI packs.
Additionally, the DJI packs contain HVLipos which top out at 4.35v and not 4.2v which conventional lipos do.
Even if you download newer firmware for the PowerLab to accommodate HV packs you still have no access to the cell taps and would have to bypass the packs internal charger circuit.

Don't know about the rest but this is what I use for my Inspire batteries and it rocks.
Was a bit pricey but I feel worth every penny.
x6aj.jpg

574a7ba241c6fd385c2be64b537d8392.jpg

Rumor is that SPC is coming out with some kind of adaptor to accommodate I2 batteries. I hope they do! Commenting on this threads original post though, essentially all we need is a multi power supply, not a multi balance charger.

Sent from my iPad using InspirePilots

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
abseilerstu