Welcome Inspire Pilots!
Join our free DJI Inspire community today!

Check out the FAA's UAS registry! (Get free names and addresses!)

Reaction score
Disclaimer: I'm not trying to be political or push an agenda. I'm merely trying to share the awareness. I've made an assumption about what I found too. Please read that part below.

Today is the first day that UAS operators in the United States can register their aircraft, be it a drone, heli, or fixed wing aircraft. So I, like any curious user of the interwebs decided to check out the registry that according to the FAA 'would not be publicly available at launch.' I'm no special person, with no special Gov't access or anything that makes me different than an average joe with Google-Fu....

But look what I found: All of the names and addresses of all of the registered INSPIRE 1s in the USA!

FAA Registry - Aircraft - Make / Model Inquiry

I'm ASSUMING that be cause "Amateur/TC" column shows "Amateur" for all of the search results that I linked, the registered I1's aren't tied to a 333 holder...

Last edited:
Wow. That is very bad. Hopefully these people do not get robbed because of this!

I could see maybe looking up a reg number cause it crashed through your living window but even that shouldn't be allowed!

Ben

According to Peter Sachs (@The Drone Guy)...
"That’s from the Part 47 aircraft registration database (333 operators). What Part 48′s will look like remains to be seen."

I'm ASSUMING that be cause "Amateur/TC" column shows "Amateur" for all of the search results that I linked, the registered I1's aren't tied to a 333 holder...
These are only N-number registered Inspires and all N-number registered aircraft are publicly listed.
But the new registration system registers the pilot - not the aircraft.
If you happened to have someone's registration number, you still couldn't tell if they had a $10K heavy lifter or a $50 250 gram toy.

Reactions: STClassic01
The only way is by region! And they have to have your drone in hand. If every one would stop posting their reg number(Other Forums), It might be more secure. Only those folks will have the most problems. Sure, Pic out random names to search for and see what pops up. Does your local neighbor have a drone you know nothing about? And wants to steal yours! Or, Are you just paranoid? I can see this as a ongoing concern non the less.

Last edited:

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
william_sewell